Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FRIEND SAFARI] Odd request
I haven't used this website in what feels like forever, and I miss it tons

I guess for the most part, I had fallen out of Pokémon, even with the release of SW/SH, I beat the game, tried to finish the pokédex, and that's it. I hadn't tried to do the expansions at all despite owning them, if there's multiple, again I haven't kept up with Pokémon for a while lol.

Well, recently my brother offered a challenge, starting new saves on our copies of Pokémon X and Y, and giving a month to build a team without the help of trading in any way, which is what led me back to pokemonforever

I beat the game in 2 days, and today I've started building my team. Then it hit me, I didn't have a HA Garchomp

While I could easily replace Garchomp, I really want to keep him on my team, and because I can't trade at all, the only choice I have is Friend Safari

TL;DR: If anyone with a Gabite Friend Safari could add me, it'd be really appreciated. I really miss using this site, and Pokémon in general, and I don't really expect anyone to respond with one, I thought it'd be worth a shot

Gonna be honest here rq, I've never worked with competitive Pokémon before, I was always into shining hunting, so BR Pokémon aren't exactly my forte, I'm running off of others advise. If anyone has any tips or tricks, I'd love to know

Love you guys, hope everyone is doing well
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
I don't have a Gabite safari sadly, but I will give some battle advice. Considering this will be a fun match and not much of anything serious (I assume) make sure to try have a bit of everything. Some offensive mons, like Garchomp, a healer / support mon who might be able to use Wish or set up Screens, a trap setter like Ferrothorn, and something to Taunt the opponent so they can't trap / heal / screens. Most importantly, I reckon you'll have a lot more fun by building a team with your favourite Pokemon, so for here, try see if you can build up a team with some of your faves! Have fun with it.

I know that's not super serious advice, but I hope it helps! Good luck!
OU MASTER RACE
(Nov 5, 2020, 09:22 AM)Kris Wrote: I don't have a Gabite safari sadly, but I will give some battle advice. Considering this will be a fun match and not much of anything serious (I assume) make sure to try have a bit of everything. Some offensive mons, like Garchomp, a healer / support mon who might be able to use Wish or set up Screens, a trap setter like Ferrothorn, and something to Taunt the opponent so they can't trap / heal / screens. Most importantly, I reckon you'll have a lot more fun by building a team with your favourite Pokemon, so for here, try see if you can build up a team with some of your faves! Have fun with it.

I know that's not super serious advice, but I hope it helps! Good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate getting any help I can get. Is it necessary for Garchomp to have a hidden ability? I know sand veil isn't too great, but Garchomp is a Pokemon I love a ton, and I was still hoping I could just use a normal sand veil one and be alright.
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
@xcr03 Sand Veil can work fine, especially if you want to pair it with a sandstorm setter (my recommendation for that would be Hippowdon). If you absolutely can't get Rough Skin, you can always change up the tactics a little and abuse Sand Veil.
OU MASTER RACE