Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Why are the English Version Talking Tomy Plushies so hard to find?
(Dec 30, 2015, 05:57 PM)CharizardSoOP21 Wrote: I think their are so many Japanese ones because Pokemon originated in Japan, and not in the Us. That's just my theory tho.

I know that Pokemon is actually more popular in Japan than in some of the English speaking nations. When Pikachu is your OFFICIAL FIFA World Cup mascot, you know Pokemon is a big deal in your country.

Also, I have a theory as to why these are so rare.

I noticed that none of the images or videos of English Talking Oshawott Plushies feature it in ENGLISH packaging, and the girl in the video mentions that she got hers at the Pokemon World Championship 2012 inside the Pokemon Center. This leads me to believe that this was an event-exclusive item being sold ONLY at Pokemon Centers stationed within Pokemon events. The handful that popped up online were then just resold by people who got them from events around the time of BW and BW2's lifespan.

It seems only the JAPANESE version actually got a commercial release outside of the Pokemon Company itself.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are the English Version Talking Tomy Plushies so hard to find? - by tallshortie93 - Dec 30, 2015, 08:50 PM