Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Rare Shiny Catches/Fails?
Big Grin 
So I've been watching a LOT of shiny reactions/streams lately, and I've seen a lot of poketubers find two shinies in one horde, or rare 5% chance shinies in hordes/encounters. Has anyone else experienced this? Been lucky (or really UNlucky) enough to find multiple shinies in one horde, or like a zangoose vs. seviper horde shiny where the shiny has a chance of fainting, or even a 5% shiny find? Maybe even a shiny you find but don't notice it's shiny, or use the wrong move and faint it ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚。

I'll start off with my own story! Last week I was horde hunting on route 21 in XY trying to find a shiny swablu. On my 44th encounter I found a shiny scyther, which is a 5% chance of encountering as a horde. I almost didn't see it as scyther isn't that different as a shiny (it's major difference is that it has like red joints/neck). I was so excited when I caught it that I immediately traded it with metal coat to have it evolve into scizor!!! 

But, just last night I was horde hunting on route 11 in XY when on my 97th encounter I found a shiny female nidoran. I usually have my trusty noctowl at the start of my team with it's first move being air slash, but I had been in the FS so I had my illuminate ability lanturn at the front of my party. It's first move is moon blast, which I used without thinking and fainted all of the pokemon, including the shiny nidoran. I was so heartbroken as shiny female nidoran is pink and pretty, and it was the only shiny in a group of male nidorans, which I thought was cool. 

Anyone have any similar stories of victory or defeat on their shiny hunting journey?? ヽ(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!

Messages In This Thread
Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by Confide - Oct 2, 2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by youngtomlin - Oct 2, 2016, 08:17 AM
RE: Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by Confide - Oct 2, 2016, 08:22 AM
RE: Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by Frost - Oct 2, 2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by Skulblaka01 - Oct 2, 2016, 08:29 AM
RE: Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by pritchman227 - Oct 2, 2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by Vinnie - Oct 2, 2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Rare Shiny Catches/Fails? - by youngtomlin - Oct 2, 2016, 01:46 PM