Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Victory! At Last!
@TheAlmightySancho

Oh, I would highly recommend it. It's sort of hard to describe if you haven't played it, but I'll try. It's a grid-based strategy game series, so like chess, but with a lot more mechanics involved. Combat is turn-based, sort of, and different characters have various abilities, weapon skills, and overal stats. Like any Japanese strategy game, there are definitely some characters that are better than others.

I think the thing that I really like about the FE games is the variety. Sure, some characters are inherently better than others, but there's no character I've seen that's completely unusable. Except Sothe. Screw Sothe. But you can mix and match weapons, skills, abilities, everything on many of the characters and use them all in different ways. One playthrough your magic user does damage, the next you can use them as a healer. That tank you used last game? This time use him to hold up the rear defenses.

Do you get what I'm saying? I don't think I can properly describe it now. But I would highly suggest looking up a playthrough of one of the games. Preferrably 'Path of Radiance' or 'Awakening' since they're very beginner friendly and have a good story to draw you in.

I'm also thinking of trying to speedrun PoR for the first time! So wish me luck with that! Smile

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
Victory! At Last! - by TheAlmightySancho - Aug 25, 2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by TheAlmightySancho - Aug 25, 2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by Reis - Aug 25, 2017, 03:42 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by 0kamii - Aug 25, 2017, 05:16 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by TheAlmightySancho - Aug 26, 2017, 04:22 AM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by 0kamii - Aug 26, 2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by Queen - Aug 27, 2017, 08:01 PM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by gkh1997 - Sep 3, 2017, 04:05 AM
RE: Victory! At Last! - by Kris - Sep 3, 2017, 01:24 PM