Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VIDEO] Pokemon ASCII Battle Game! - Released
(Jul 23, 2018, 01:12 AM)Black Waterfall Wrote:
(Jul 22, 2018, 09:16 PM)ToxicTarrn Wrote: So, I saw this, went "Hey, this seems pretty cool," and downloaded it.
However, I started it up and Windows Defender identified it as a virus and does not want to let it run.
Has anyone else here played this game, and, if so, did your computer react similarly? Is it actually a risk to my computer or is Windows Defender just overprotective?

@ToxicTarrn I am a Linux user, so I can't say much about the virus issue... However, I do receive a message 'An error occurred while loading the archive' when I try to open the .exe file. (If you computer has Visual Studio maybe you can also try to build it from the source code?)

Anyhow, BellBlizKing should be able to give us more useful info.

@Black Waterfall Generally, when a game is identified as a virus by an antivirus program and it does not load properly, it's a virus.
Though, I do think a third person should come and try to open the game to see if it actually works and we're just having bad luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon ASCII Battle Game! - Released - by ToxicTarrn - Jul 23, 2018, 12:35 PM