22 59.46%
I am indifferent to it
29.73%
11 29.73%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

My Problem with Powersaves and Genning
(Jan 28, 2015, 09:24 AM)mike3640 Wrote: I played 1 battle spot game total in XY because I had no time to breed and EV train a full team that worked well together. With ORAS I decided to get a powersaves so I could EV train and edit IV's and I've now been able to play over 70 games of battle spot in ORAS. powersaves don't cheapen anything you do if you want to spend the time to get your own shinies or legit pokemon thats your choice but you can't be mad when others who don't have the time to spend doing such things but still want to enjoy pokemon to it's fullest utilize powersaves

And I agree with that. Breeding, EV training and leveling all take time, so it's not for everyone. My problem with it is that, for me at least, it feels like I am getting cheated when I trade something that is 100% legitimate, for something that took 5 minutes to edit. For example I traded 2 BR pokes for 1 shiny BR poke. We both agreed that this was fair and I told him if he was unsatisfied he could come back and I would trade him back his shiny. 30 minutes pass in chat and I see him asking one of the powersavers if he could make the pokemon I traded him shiny. That kind of ticked me off. I spent a lot of time breeding those for egg moves, HA and so on. If I just wanted to get a shiny made I could have done so myself without going through the trouble of breeding stuff to trade for those pokemon I wanted. Again, I have nothing against people using powersaves for personal use or competitive use, it's the devaluation of trade I have the problem with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Problem with Powersaves and Genning - by Vectorshot - Jan 28, 2015, 09:54 AM