Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How does Powersaves change datas?
One of my friends recently got Powersaves, and as far as I can tell it doesn't actually impact the technical legitimacy of her team. From what I saw, it looks like its usefulness is for saving time if you've been soft resetting to get that battle-ready Legendary, and you just don't feel like messing with that anymore. ^.^

But, it is my understanding that non-legal 'mons (i.e. illegal moveset present) can't even be used on Battle Spot. So, as long you are only tweaking its IVs or making it shiny, your Pokémon shouldn't look any different from one that's been completely generated by the game, itself. Also, from what I've been seeing online, it seems like people regard "legitimacy" and "legality" as two separate things. It seems like most would consider a legit Pokémon to be one that has been bred/captured/whatever within the game, without any use of outside gadgets. Legit Pokémon, obviously, will be automatically be considered legal since the game won't allow you to cheat using its own provided tools.

A legal Pokémon is one that can be altered by Powersaves or changed with an editing program like PKHex, but is still usable on Battle Spot/GTS, because it looks identical to what the game could have feasibly generated on its own. So, you can have a non-legit Pokémon (meaning you used Powersaves to alter it) that is still legal, because you didn't give it fake moves or maxed stats in every field that would be otherwise impossible to obtain.

TL;DR - It doesn't really matter if you use Powersaves to alter a Pokémon's shiny state/IVs or if you prefer to only catch "legit" Pokémon in your game. As long as it has legal stats and moves that you'd see from a game-generated Pokémon, it should still work on the GTS and Battle Spot, and nobody will be able to tell the difference, anyway.

xx

Messages In This Thread
How does Powersaves change datas? - by Apo - Apr 7, 2015, 02:59 PM
RE: How does Powersaves change datas? - by Apo - Apr 8, 2015, 01:21 AM
RE: How does Powersaves change datas? - by Slec - Apr 8, 2015, 09:51 AM
RE: How does Powersaves change datas? - by iflytoohigh - Apr 8, 2015, 10:14 AM
RE: How does Powersaves change datas? - by Apo - Apr 8, 2015, 11:07 AM