Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Yooka-Laylee
(May 1, 2015, 02:23 PM)Netherlandish Wrote: A lot of what made Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie such great games was the level design, the great controls, and the overall charm. They are some of the games I find myself always going back to, and easily one of my favourites on the system. Even if it's the same team working on this new game, I'm unsure of it they can recreate that lightning-in-a-bottle that they did with Banjo-Kazooie. It's an utter shame that this series will never see the light of day again after they made that disappointing Nuts & Bolts game which was pretty much a big insult to fans of the series.
I'm not really too keen on this trend of "spiritual successor" games as of late. Fans don't want "Well it's like that game you love", we want "It is that game you love". But with shoddy business practices of companies who buy the rights to IPs and do nothing but sit on them for years on end, this is the only way we can actually get games we've been clamouring for, for years.
I kinda' turn my nose up at Kickstarter games, even though it's given us great games along the lines of Shovel Knight and Shadowrun Returns. I've just become iffy about them what with hearing nothing about Mighty No. 9 for the past few months and Tim Shaffer being a lying thieving twat-waffle.

All I have to say is high hopes, low expectations.

great points i feel you
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv

Messages In This Thread
Yooka-Laylee - by Eckley - May 1, 2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Yooka-Laylee - by ChaseInfinity - May 1, 2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Yooka-Laylee - by Eckley - May 1, 2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Yooka-Laylee - by ChaseInfinity - May 1, 2015, 01:34 PM
RE: Yooka-Laylee - by Eckley - May 1, 2015, 01:46 PM
RE: Yooka-Laylee - by ChaseInfinity - May 1, 2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Yooka-Laylee - by Netherlandish - May 1, 2015, 02:23 PM