Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Spooky Cup competition!
(Oct 10, 2015, 01:17 AM)Mutt Wrote: I'm banking on Volcarona and Rotom-W myself.
Also, what I'm playing around with right now is a Noivern/Spiritomb duo, so that Noivern can use Boomburst without having to worry about his partner. And Spiritomb can use Will-o-Wisp, Rest, Double Team, and overall be a giant pain in everybody's derrière, while still having access to Dark Pulse, since that's STAB/super effective against the ghost types that Boomburst can't hit.

DOUBLE TEAM SPIRITOMB... *Cynthia flashbacks*

I faced a similar duo on Battle Spot yesterday, but with Prankster Sableye dishing out Will-o-Wisps, and Feint to lift off Protects. And then it would Recover.
This got me thinking that I should maybe try out a Noivern myself. Possibly to replace Hydreigon. I liked the Boomburst, but the only thing unfortunately is that many of the opponents are going to be Ghosts.
EDIT: ..... but you had that covered with the Spiritomb already.

My teambuilding is still a mess. Right now I have a Bulkarona-Toxicroak-Hydreigon-Liepard-Mr Mime set, but I don't have any ideas as to the sixth member. Thinking of Rotom-W, because I have a fondness for Rotom. AND I can't decide between Wide Guard and Quick Guard on the Mr Mime.

Wide Guard could protect me from Dusknoir Rock Slides that Volcarona doesn't appreciate, as well as from the mentioned Boomburst.

Messages In This Thread
Spooky Cup competition! - by thecatiebell - Oct 9, 2015, 03:51 PM
RE: Spooky Cup competition! - by bradar485 - Oct 9, 2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Spooky Cup competition! - by thecatiebell - Oct 9, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Spooky Cup competition! - by bradar485 - Oct 9, 2015, 06:31 PM
RE: Spooky Cup competition! - by ShinyLuigi - Oct 9, 2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Spooky Cup competition! - by Mutt - Oct 10, 2015, 01:17 AM
RE: Spooky Cup competition! - by ShinyLuigi - Oct 10, 2015, 01:30 AM