Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Questioning my Computer's Security. Need Suggestions.
(Dec 1, 2015, 05:24 PM)naitre Wrote: I haven't run an antivirus on my computer for about ten years and haven't picked up anything. It's all about how you use your computer. As long as you aren't downloading files, you haven't picked up anything malicious. I find that antivirus software is bulky and annoying.

I don't use Windows, but according to Microsoft's website, Microsoft Security Essentials is only available for Windows 7 and Windows Vista: see here I have no advice about updating your Windows software.

When I used Windows, I used Ad-aware, Malwarebytes, and Hijack This to clean my system. They're all free to use, but don't go wild and start deleting files that aren't recommended or offer a warning prompt or you might damage your PC.

i myself have used Malwarebytes it worked amazingly for me, but then i saw a bunch of people slandering about it so i deleted it from my computer; now i want to get back to using it as it kept my system healthy and normal and is lite on it as well. can you get me a legit link where i can download it, because goOgling it leaves me with 100's of links to it's downloads and idk which one is the original one. my computer didn't shut down once properly; that i thought was Malwarebyte's fault but just found out today it was a common error found among Windows 8 users and are often caused by things like in-built Skype and Google Chrome. hope you can help me!

Messages In This Thread