Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My first VGC 2016 team
Thanks guys, really appretiate the feedback.

I feel that everything that was said is quite correct. Protect on Mawile may really be the way to go. I'm aware of the fact half my team has little to none offensive pressure, so I built it so the other halve is over offensive. From my experience, Mawile is the most powerful mega, but can be takken out with easy if you play it wrong, so I wanted to have options for how to support it. The lack of offence is part of the reason I went for togekiss instead of togetic in the end, to get a little more chip damage or even KO's with the right typing machup.

The Kyogre EV spreed was half assed actually, and I was only thinking on winnig against other kyogre, since I don't have amazing anwers to it in the rest of the team. The 100 number is 100% random, and yeah, it hurts more than help under Trick Room. I'm still thinking on how to go about that properly.

About Klefki, he's the best answer I got for Smeagle and other tricksters, which is so prevalecent in the format, while still being an amazing support. I still think that if it goes away, the best option is Sableye and the double mega strategy. But the combination swagger and foul play can pack a punch in some situations, or at least get some nice chip damage.

Finally, I've being able to pick some wins with surprising my adversary with tailwind before. I like the dual speed control option because, while I can't expect to win against other tailwind users, If I can set it up alone it's still very advantageos. One strategy that I found useful is to set it up in the last turn of Trick Room, when my opponent is confident to outspeed me next, and could be concentrated on Cresselia to try and avoid me from setting it up again.

Messages In This Thread
My first VGC 2016 team - by herzinger - Mar 11, 2016, 01:36 AM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by Rogue - Mar 11, 2016, 02:36 AM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by Apo - Mar 11, 2016, 05:06 AM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by herzinger - Mar 11, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by GiMYz - Mar 11, 2016, 06:50 PM
RE: My first VGC 2016 team - by herzinger - Mar 11, 2016, 09:13 PM