Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

A Very Unofficial Pokemon Go Strategy Guide
@VoidThoughts Great contribution! Thank you so much for weighing in, I think those are all great points to make to any beginning and intermediate trainers! I've heard one hypothesis to the Pokemon's height and weight in which these values contribute towards CP and HP, in which they are almost like IVs in the main series games. As I understand it, each Pokemon species has a determined height and weight range, and this value is acting as the 1-31 IV range from main series games. The CP can be compared to EVs in this analogy.

As far as Pokemon availability goes, this can be largely broken down into geographical regions, easily classified as climates. So far I have heard of Desert, Plains, Forest, Mountain, and Coastal climates. I live in Southern California while many of my friends are from the Midwest, and even though the suburban parts are similar, Pidgey, Spearow, Caterpie, and Weedle all spawn at different rates between our two Climates. In addition to that distinction, I can make a 15 minute drive down to the beach and see a flood of Water Type Pokemon, which I would not find from my house. Climates may be big or small depending on information likely grabbed from Google Maps, which would further escalate the augmented reality feature of this game. I'm excited to see just how varied this goes because plenty of folks are thinking about using Pokemon GO to route roadtrips, which just sounds like an excellent adventure.

This game has incredible nuance, I'm sure new pieces of information will be noticed as time goes on and as they make patches for the game.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Very Unofficial Pokemon Go Strategy Guide - by Chawizawd - Jul 15, 2016, 07:12 PM