Poll: Are you more interested in capturing pokemon or battling pokemon in pokemonGO?
Capturing!
Battling!
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] PokeGo Game Mechanics Research
There are various questions about pokeGO that do not have obvious answers and are difficult for any one person to research due to the vast amount of individual pokemon needed to create a decent sample size. So I thought, why not ask the community for help?

Are you interested in finding out weight the height and weight of a pokemon effect their HP? Do you wonder if pokemon caught at higher trainer levels have better stats than ones caught at lower levels and powered up to have the same CP as the later game pokemon? There's only one way to find out for sure and that's to compare our pokemon.

When you capture a pokemon if you could take a moment of your time to fill out a small list of variables, your pokemon could be used to help answer these questions and more. All you have to do is write:

Species:
Player Level:
Captured or Hatched:
CP Value at capture:
CP Scale at capture: ?/4th (To keep things simple just round to the nearest 4th of the semi-circle filled)
HP:
Weight: (Please note if its XL or XS as well as the exact value)
Height: (Please note if its XL or XS as well as the exact value)
Main Move: The first move listed
Special Move: The second move listed
***OPTIONALLY***
Time of day captured:
Weather when captured:
GENERAL LOCATION CAPTURED: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not write the address of where you captured a pokemon, for the safety of everyone on this forum especially younger members. If you want to mention where you captured it simply write a general description like "by the water" or "in a field" or "at a store". There have been incidents of criminals luring pokeGO players to locations to rob them. I do not want a list of addresses for any bad people to learn the general location of our members. 

As an example I will list a pokemon I caught tonight

Species: Pidgey
Player Level: 7
Captured or Hatched: Captured
CP Value at capture: 96
CP Scale at capture: 3/4th
HP: 29
Weight: 2.26kg XL
Height: 0.31m
Main Move: Tackle (BP:12)
Special Move: Air Cutter (BP:25)
Time of day captured: 9:30PM