Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] How To Get Into VGC
(Dec 5, 2016, 06:35 PM)Marcusube Wrote: I'm so proud of you Tommy for becoming such an outspoken VGC player. As a member of the trio, I must congratulate you for this achievement right @trafalgarlaw

Great guide @AbruptFury and thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with the community. Celesteela is really one of the biggest threats in this metagame due to how hard it is to take out. Trick Room is everywhere these days. If a team has Oranguru or Torkoal on it, make sure you lead correctly because it is definitely coming. From what I can tell, this year hasn't been very centralized but that's just me talking after 2 weeks since the game got released. It feels so much like VGC 14 where many play styles and modes are viable. Weather, good stuff, all out Trick Room, you name it. With the exclusion of Mega evolution and mythicals (Lando, Cresselia, Heatran etc.), we can also look forward to less centralized metagame which at the end of the day is pretty much what we want. Alolan-Marowak is looking pretty strong right now and so are fire types in general (well Arcanine and Torkoal to be fair) and all the Tapus are viable alongside half of the UBs

One thing I also want to say is that VGC (and Pokemon in general) requires not only to read and breathe speed tiers and common sets but to also observe what other players do as Abrupt says AND from what others do, innovate your own unique strategies. Trial and error till you make it boys!

Celesteela is a big problem. You saw Wolfe. He ran 3 mons with Substitute AND a Magnezone (which was one of the Sub mons as well). That thing is scarier than Ferrothorn was.

Messages In This Thread
How To Get Into VGC - by AbruptFury - Dec 5, 2016, 04:18 AM
RE: How To Get Into VGC - by Black117 - Dec 5, 2016, 06:18 AM
RE: How To Get Into VGC - by ShawnStyles - Dec 5, 2016, 07:46 AM
RE: How To Get Into VGC - by AbruptFury - Dec 11, 2016, 05:45 PM
RE: How To Get Into VGC - by Wolfy2478 - Dec 5, 2016, 12:08 PM
RE: How To Get Into VGC - by Marcusube - Dec 5, 2016, 06:35 PM
RE: How To Get Into VGC - by AbruptFury - Dec 11, 2016, 05:47 PM
RE: How To Get Into VGC - by WolfScythe - Dec 6, 2016, 09:47 AM