Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] How Do I Start? (Question)
Personally I find it difficult to learn a new format without experiencing the format for myself. Before even thinking about teambuilding I would get some battles in using a team that has proved to be successful. There are plenty of team reports on trainertower.com (I'm assuming it's ok to promote that site considering it's basically the new nugget bridge). You'd probably be best just importing one of the teams from there are just getting in some test battles. Take note of what people are using, what some of the more common Pokemon are etc. At first you're going to see some crazy stuff (you always do on the low ladder) but eventually you'll start to see patterns. Then I'd recommend looking through the resources on trainer tower, looking at the teams that top cut the regional events. Read through team reports to look at the sets that they tend to use, what attacks they are EVing to survive and generally how they went about teambuilding. There is a fairly recent post called 'A Meta Snapshot' which really summmarises the meta quite well, but the meta is evolving quite rapidly at the moment so much of what you can expect to see won't be included.

Youtube channels wise, I would recommend Aaron Zheng, Wolfe Glick, Ray Rizzo, Jamie Boyt and Baz Anderson.

Messages In This Thread
How Do I Start? (Question) - by Allegro - Jan 17, 2017, 10:53 AM
RE: How Do I Start? (Question) - by Justin - Jan 17, 2017, 11:57 AM
RE: How Do I Start? (Question) - by RebornFX - Jan 17, 2017, 02:14 PM
RE: How Do I Start? (Question) - by Hojunhu - Jan 17, 2017, 02:16 PM