Poll: Do you think Emolga will be viable in VGC 2017?
Yes!
Uh...no.
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii
@0kamii At first when I saw this post I thought to myself that you must've gone insane but now I've seen the light! First of all, splendid write up in highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of Emolga as well as even making clear that Pokemon do outclass it but it is still a viable option

In terms of using this in a VGC setting, it is a great option with the current metagame we have. It does well against Tapu Fini, outspeeds Garchomp (and is also immune to Tectonic Rage) and has support options such as Taunt, Encore, Nuzzle and even Ion Deluge if you want to create a strategy around that

From what I can see, I still think its important to run Thunderbolt/Wild Charge on Emolga to put out good damage output and Electric STAB is so good this metagame, Taunt is always a good option to cripple defensively oriented teams as well as prevent Trick Room/Tailwind set up where applicable and Tickle is an option to allow physical attackers to do more damage as well as reduce physical damage taken from the opponent. Very critical for netting KOs against bulkier threats

Regardless of what Emolga can and can't do, however, Focus Sash seems to be the best item for this as 55/60/60 bulk isn't taking many hits and Emolga in most cases will either do really good in a situation or use a status move then faint the following turn
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii - by Marcusube - Jan 24, 2017, 07:47 PM