Poll: Do you think Emolga will be viable in VGC 2017?
Yes!
Uh...no.
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii
I think the core message of this post is fairly sound, but a lot of what you mention makes it sound like you have a severe lack of understanding about the current metagame. The fact that you say the 3rd most used Pokemon (as well as the 20th most used) on Battlespot is unusable in the same in the same post as suggesting that a Pokemon that hasn't seen any notable success is ludicrous to me. To say that Kartana doesn't have any defensive merit suggests to me that you haven't actually ran any calcs against AV Kartana, which I would say at least 1/3 of them are if not more, and when they aren't they are sash making its defences far less relevant. What I find more irritating is your disregard for what the other Encore users bring to the table. Raichu forms a strong core with Tapu Koko as well as Tapu Lele, outspeeding the entire format under Electric surge and firing off huge Z-Psychics under Psychic terrain, provides Fake Out support and just generally has naturally high speed, has a decent matchup against cores like AFK and double duck and generally can actually put on offensive pressure. Ninetales can set up Aurora Veil, sets up the weather breaking potential sashes, has a rather spammable spread move and has strong neutral coverage with Freeze Dry. It has a strong matchup versus Garchomp and all in all provides a lot more than Encore support. Alolan Raichu also doesn't get Lightningrod. You literally didn't mention a single postitive attribute about any of these Pokemon, as if they are being used because people don't realise Emolga is superior in every way or something.

I won't say too much on whether or not Emolga will or will not be viable considering how ridiculously fast this format has been evolving recently but the information you have provided certainly doesn't provide a balanced argument for why you should use Emolga on your team over something else, even stating out right that it is the last thing you would want to write about.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii - by RebornFX - Jan 24, 2017, 07:58 PM