Poll: Do you think Emolga will be viable in VGC 2017?
Yes!
Uh...no.
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii
(Apr 27, 2017, 09:23 PM)0kamii Wrote: @EemsRoro I'm very glad that I could help you out! It was my pleasure! I'll be sure to revise my VGC 2017 Team and post it to this forum later so you can see how my first Emolga team turned out. In the meantime, I'm going to have as much fun as I can with the April International Challenge this weekend, and I'll be sure to post my team and my score for critique in the aftermath.

For your team, I think experimenting with gimmicks is a neat idea, and maybe one of them will actually work? You never know, and I encourage you and everyone else to go for it! Smile Tapu Lele is always a good choice, and Garchomp usually fits into any line-up. I've never heard of a Trick Room de-setter, but it sounds interesting. All in all, I'm always happy to give advice, and I wish everyone reading post good luck in their VGC 2017 ventures!

- 0kamii

Saw your April challenge team post but still very curious about your Emolga team that landed first in that local tourney win with Kili. Using trickroom desette was poor use of words what I meant was I wanted a Pokémon that uses TR when the other team uses it to return the dimensions back to normal but after some research using a slow Pokemon myself is the best choice.

Thanks so much for all the info you gave me eariler, I end up using Emolga, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Garchomp, Gyarados, and Snorlax: 

Emolga @ Focus Sash
Ability: Motor Drive
Level: 50
EVs: 88 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature  
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle
- Encore
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Electric Surge  
EVs: 84 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Discharge  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Thunderbolt  
- Grass Knot

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
– Psychic
– Moonblast
– Taunt
– Protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 188 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 180 HP / 28 Atk / 244 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Recycle
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Protect

Here's the revisions I made taking your suggestions, btw were always spot on, since I tried experimenting with other sets and Pokemon.

Emolga @ Electric Seed
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Atk / 140 Def / 100 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature  
- U-Turn
- Acrobatics
- Nuzzle
- Encore

Emolga's role is to absorb electric attacks against Tapu Fini. Can switch into opposing Tapu Kokos use the seeds and power up its acrobatics and receive discharges. 

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
– Discharge
– Dazzling Gleam
– Thunderbolt 
– Protect

Hard hitting Koko, discharges to speed up Emolga. Good partner for most of the team. 

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers  
Ability: Misty Surge  
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Moonblast  
- Scald 
- Taunt 
- Protect

Someone suggested to make a Emolga-Fini-Metagross core so I'm experimenting with this bulky, taunt support. I had taunt on Lele before this, also thought of Gyarados but needed more Sp. Attacks for balance.

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
– Earthquake
– Fire Fang
– Bulldoze
– Protect

Typical Z move set with bulldoze to partner with Emolga or Metagross making Emolga even faster and Electro Ball stronger and setting off Metagross' Weakness Policy, while slowing down foes.

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
– Meteor Mash
– Zen Headbutt
– Bullet Punch
– Protect

Hard hitting, great partner with most of the team.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry  
Ability: Gluttony  
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Return
- High Horsepower  
- Curse  
- Recycle

Typical curse set to help against TR teams. Picked recycle over protect to keep it healing itself instead of letting others set up while it protects.

Hope I haven't worn you out yet trying to use your experience and suggestions on making this set work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emolga is Actually Viable This Format?! - with 0kamii - by EemsRoro - May 7, 2017, 02:26 AM