Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

An Example of how the RNG can be Unfair In Battle Video Format. (Rantish)
So I tried battling in the International Challenge. I won some, I lost a lot, I gained the mentality that ultra beasts and tapus really shouldn't be allowed in OU play. And yet, my first battle I lost largely because of chance.

Code: KFFW-WWWW-WWW5-M9ZD

Warning: Boring 11-turn long battle awaits.

Now, in the very first turn, Hurricane misses. That's fine, I can dig it. 30% chance is understandable.

Then, in the next turn, BAM.
My Oricorio gets frozen.

Now I'm sitting here seething on my couch cursing RNGsus for his misdeeds, then on the VERY NEXT TURN,
A. Ninetales goes ICE, ICE, BABY and freezes my Lilligant just before she faints.

I'm already steamy, but that takes the cake. I'm on the verge of tossing my system on the ground, yeah?

Fast forward to turn five. Minior got its White Herb Shell Smash off. Then my Metagross misses Meteor Mash. I'm pitching a fit over here.
Turn Six, Minior's in Core form, uses +2 Rock Slide, neither of the other side goes down. This is where I decide that Ultra Beasts are just too stronk for comp. Minior faints.
Then Meteor Mash misses.

I'm already a mess. That broke me. Five more turns later, Metagross goes down. I ended up lying down and regretting my life choices for an hour.

tl;dr, RNG is hateful.

and, yeah, i'm in juniors division

Messages In This Thread
An Example of how the RNG can be Unfair In Battle Video Format. (Rantish) - by Sylveon - Feb 26, 2017, 11:16 AM