Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Typhlosion is so much better than Charizard.
(Mar 23, 2017, 03:19 PM)atonementblade Wrote: While I agree that Typhlosion is a very good pokemon, most of the "compared to Charizard" things originate from the fact that Charizard was so popular, and therefore is currently "out of style." One thing they should give MEGA-Typhlosion is a large Atk stat instead of making him a special attacker. I mean with Charizard, at least you can understand - it's modeled after a dragon, so its breath and whatnot. But Typhlosion? Seriously, GF, Jhoto's fire stater even looks like it's meant to flare blitz.

@atonementblade  @stephenWITNESS  Typhlosion would be a pretty cool physical attacker. However, its low physical moveset limits this. I do wish they would give it physical attack, since I would love to run that with my Typhlosion in Pokemon Sun. Its Level 100, and I Hyper-Trained all of its IV's, evn its Attack, Despite the fact it has no physical moves (Fire Blast, Eruption, Flamethrower, and Hyper Beam). I really want to give it a physical move, but even at max IV its Attack stat is still too low. When I first got my Typhloison, it had Double Kick, which I loved for the type coverage it provided. However, it soon got outclassed. Also, it would work great if GF just gave it Flare Blitz. It would have a sweet Physical move that is Super OP, and give it much more versitality. A few years ago, GF greatly improved Typhlosion's saddeningly poor moveset, a much needed change, seeing how its moveset was so awful in Gen. 2, its original games. A high Physical Attack would work well with some of its other moves too, such as the previously mentioned Double Kick, Rollout, and Double-Edge. Can you just imagine Typhlosion using Flare Blitz, though? The fire on its neck blazes incredibly powerfully, wrapping Typhlosion in its own flames as it slams into the opponent. And by the way, wouldn't a Mega Typhlosion be so cool? Perhaps its flames would become blue and its back fur would become a cool-looking black, and it could get a great dual type too! Fire-Dark, anyone?
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Typhlosion is so much better than Charizard. - by RetroTyphlosion - Mar 24, 2017, 01:27 PM