Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Wonder Trade
Hey Twist!

So I have mixed feelings about WT. I like the fact that you can use it to be a nice person and give away things you bred for that didn't fit YOUR needs, but might make someone else's day (I remember seeing a message on a different forum when XY came out about someone who got one of the near Perfect HA Eevee's I bred trying to get a Shiny and how they were so thankful to whomever WT'd it), but on the flip side I feel like it's too oversaturated with begining route Pokemon like Yungoos and Pikipek in SM, while it's oversaturated with starting route Pokemon in XY/ORAS as well. It's pretty clear that the intended use of it was to randomly trade one of your Pokemon to someone you have never met and are almost 100% not likely to meet again, and just hope for the best, but people abuse it by catching a lot of early route Pokemon and sending them away to get much later game Pokemon from people that just happen to be trading them.

If it had some type of setting to allow you to only WT with people that have beat all the Gyms or E4, and even then the Pokemon had to be either above a certain level or hatched from an egg, then I could see it being much more useful and fun. That's not to say though, that I wouldn't want WT to still have it's mysteries or not allow people to start WTing as soon as they have the option. It would just be a setting to allow people that are looking to complete dexes and not just get a Magikarp or Yungoos for 2-3 boxes. Once they get what they're looking for, or decide they don't want to keep doing WT's with people looking for similar things, they could just turn the settings back to default and make someone's day.

But that's only my opinion. Other than that I've actually gotten some pretty lucky trades from WT, including different region female/male starters for SM, some HA Vulpix, and on a couple of occasions I got some Moon exclusive UB's in Sun! So yeah, like I said, mixed feelings about it :D

Messages In This Thread
Wonder Trade - by TimeTwist - May 7, 2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Wonder Trade - by Dimmsdale - May 7, 2017, 07:03 PM
RE: Wonder Trade - by TimeTwist - May 7, 2017, 07:13 PM
RE: Wonder Trade - by Dimmsdale - May 7, 2017, 09:19 PM
RE: Wonder Trade - by Skyla - May 8, 2017, 07:44 AM
RE: Wonder Trade - by Cloud557 - May 8, 2017, 07:58 AM
RE: Wonder Trade - by TimeTwist - May 8, 2017, 04:00 PM
RE: Wonder Trade - by Cloud557 - May 8, 2017, 04:30 PM