Poll: Do you think Bastiodon will be viable in VGC 2017?
Yes!
No...
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Bastiodon is Better Than Rampardos?! - with 0kamii
thing with bastiodon that yes, it is bulky, but besides using wide guard, it just sits there and provides little support for the team. it doesn't have any offensive presence either, so if the opponent isn't using a multi-hitting move like rock slide, it'll just sit there and be useless. also yes bulu can circumvent the ground weakness, but seeing as garchomp often runs groundium z (which is a very good set), tectonic rage bypasses grassy terrain and smashes bastiodon which is stuck at 1 hp and essentially becomes useless, and that's considering it doesn't get double targeted and smashed turn 1 lol. overall, i like your enthusiasm but i don't think bastiodon can do much in the current metagame, since it just sits there without giving much support to the team. great write up though, i really appreciate your effort, and i'd like to see your take on more common pokemon in the metagame in the future as i'm sure you could come up with interesting and original sets for some of the very popular.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bastiodon is Better Than Rampardos?! - with 0kamii - by croissant - Jun 10, 2017, 07:48 AM