Poll: Do you think Bastiodon will be viable in VGC 2017?
Yes!
No...
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Bastiodon is Better Than Rampardos?! - with 0kamii
(Jun 10, 2017, 08:36 AM)0kamii Wrote: @"écarlate" Well, yeah. I'll be the first to admit that using Bastiodon is, at best, a gamble. At least I think it has a bit more potential than Rampardos. Gees, what a lost cause that was. All I'm sayingis that while Bastiodon may not be tier list material, I think it can bring something to the table. But yeah, those 4x weaknesses, especially Ground, really hurt it this metagame. Frankly all of them probably because of the frequency of Earthquake.

As for your second point, I never really considered doing common VGC mons. Just for that reason too, they're common. There's already a bunch of sets out there for each one, especially ones like Arcanine, Garchomp, and Tapu Koko. I suppose I could entertain the idea, but I'm hesitant to make any promises. Your feedback however, it much appreicated. Smile

@RetroTyphlosion Oi. Retro, what did I say in the analysis? If you decided not to use Bastiodon, that's perfectly okay. You make it sound like you're afraid of hurting my feelings. Believe me, I know using it is a gamble. And gambles don't always pay off, but that's what makes the game fun. I know competitive players are less inclined to take risks, but luckily for you, I'm there to take the risks for you and let you know what happens. I'm not overly concerned with losing, it's just a part of the game. But if I do win, it'll be a treat for everyone. And that's why I make these analyses. Wink

- 0kamii
@0kamii Well, thanks for the response. I do like defensive mons, though I have a bone to pick with Bastiodon ever since it crushed one of my best battle tree streaks one day Angry . Still salty.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bastiodon is Better Than Rampardos?! - with 0kamii - by RetroTyphlosion - Jun 10, 2017, 08:54 AM