Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Unconventional Sets Thread!
Oh, an Unconventional Sets thread! That sounds right up my alley! Let's see, let's see...ooh, I've got a VERY unconventional one to throw around!

Special-attacking Baton Pass Silvally
[Image: show?1478676935]
Pokémon: Silvally
Formats Used: Battle Spot Singles, Recreationals
Nature: Timid (+Spd/-Atk)
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP/ 100 Def/ 148 Sp. Atk/ 4 Sp. Def/ 252 Spd
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: RKS System
Moveset:
Surf
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Description:
I guess when it comes to unorthodox sets, no one knows the ups and downs of a gamble better than I do. I think this queer little set exemplifies that, especially in a recreational setting. I would never recommend this set in VGC, but in Battle Spot Singles and recreational battles, I've dominated with this guy. My personal Silvally, Kamakana, is Shiny, and since I didn't just want him to be a trophy, I thought I'd find a way to make him useful. But with Silvally's circular stats, it just doesn't excel in anything on its own. So, I figured it was time to learn the ins and outs of Baton Pass. This set is designed to be used with a Baton Pass user, specifically a Quiver Dancer to pass on Speed and Sp. Attack. Then I just threw on as much coverage as possible and watched for the waterworks. In a nutshell, Silvally will always hit the field at +1 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def, and +1 Spd. Maybe even +2 to all of them with the proper prediction.

Also worth noting, Silvally in this case is a late-game sweeper, meant to clean up the remnants of an already whittled team. On my team, I use a Quiver Dance/Baton Pass Ribombee, but Masquerain and Venomoth would work as well. I've had battles against many of my friends, and with the right set up, they stand no chance against a Baton Passed Kamakana. He really is the hopekiller of late-game pokémon battles. I would love to post a replay, but unfortunately, my SIM card got corrupted and all the battles I had saved of Kamakana sweeping were deleted. I know, that sounds like a convenient excuse, huh? Well, believe me or not, I love my Baton Pass Silvally, and I'll continue to use him in Battle Spot and for fun as long as he's viable.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
Unconventional Sets Thread! - by croissant - Jun 25, 2017, 01:09 PM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by croissant - Jun 25, 2017, 02:22 PM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by wartty - Jun 27, 2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by croissant - Jun 27, 2017, 01:06 PM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by Slec - Jun 27, 2017, 01:23 PM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by Slec - Jun 27, 2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by croissant - Jun 27, 2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by 0kamii - Jun 27, 2017, 05:54 PM
RE: Unconventional Sets Thread! - by croissant - Jun 29, 2017, 10:40 PM