Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Is Bulu + Nihilego + Arcanine a New Core?
I'm pretty sure it's an actual new core since they have good synergy together; they can really beat each other counters well, so threats to one Pokémon can be handled by the other; e.g. Tapu Fini, which threatens Arcanine, is handled by Bulu, Kartana, which threatens Bulu, is handled by Arcanine, Chomp, which threatens Arcanine and Nihilego is handled by Bulu, etc. I wouldn't recommend using these charts for weaknesses as even if your team is, in theory, weak to some typings, you can most likely handle them; for example, this core is "weak to Psychic", however the main Psychic type in VGC, Tapu Lele, loses the terrain war in a lead vs Bulu and is OHKO'd, and it is also outspeed and OHKO'd by Nihilego, so the core can most definitely deal with Tapu Lele, though a backup check would be useful. These charts are often made for beginners who are looking to make more basic teams; I would recommend not preparing for typings, but rather for specific threats in the metagame, building will be much more efficient. But yes, this new core seems very solid since it can handle a large portion of the metagame, and you should definitely prepare for it when building. Good luck with your team, maybe you could make a team report for it, that could be fun!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bulu + Nihilego + Arcanine a New Core? - by croissant - Jul 15, 2017, 11:34 AM