Poll: Which form of Lycanroc do you prefer?
This poll is closed.
Midday
25.00%
2 25.00%
Midnight
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Our Most Hilarious Battles! - with 0kamii
Oh boy. Time for the Sand Storm Shenanigans story...

Only one of the three very close friends of which I consider brothers plays Pokemon. His name is Steve. Me and Steve battled each other a few times over the generations, mainly in B2/W2 since that was the last Pokemon game before the 3DS series, which neither of us could play since we couldn't afford 3DS's. When Sun/Moon came around, me n Steve decided to both get the games so we could finally battle each other again.

A few weeks later, he just finished his first VGC team - it was a Slush Rush team with Ninetails and Sandslash, and the team I was facing him with just happened to be my Sand Team, so as soon as the match started I was at a disadvantage. However, because I'd been playing competitively for years and had a decent amount of experience, I was able to work my way around the Hailstorm. When it came down my Arcanine and P2 and his lone Garchomp, I was very confident in my odds of winning. "One Ice Beam and it's over," I thought to myself.

But, something horrible happened.

My Arcanine was built in the speedy hard hitting variant since that was popular back then, and actually had a higher speed stat than his chomp, so he launched off a Flare Blitz. It misses. "Dafuq?" I thought, confused. I heard Steve chuckle from across the table. He EQ's and takes out my Arcanine. P2 Ice Beams. It misses. I then hear his signature booming laugh echo throughout the room, and It was then I realized something - his Garchomp was not standard! He was too lazy to chain for Rough Skin, so it had Sand Veil, and was dodging my attacks in the Sand Storm! I accepted my fate, and attempted another Ice Beam to take out his Chomp if he somehow managed to miss his attack, which he didn't. His EQ proved too much for poor little Windows, and I lost the match.

I underestimated Steve's willingness to build decent Pokemon, and paid the price for it. The conversation that followed was a bit uh... dirty, so I won't repeat what was said out of respect for the lovely peoples, but just know that I was NOT HAPPY with the RNG garbage that I experienced in that battle, and he to this day still references it

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Most Hilarious Battles! - with 0kamii - by ScottyThunder - Jul 31, 2017, 09:14 PM