Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Electric-Types
0%
0 0%
Fire-Types
41.67%
5 41.67%
Shadow Pokémon
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Alolan Forms!
[Image: crianza-pokemon.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and this is the first time I've made an "All Our Favorite" post not about a Type!

If you don't count the original "All Our Favorite Fossil Pokémon," which was never intended to spiral into a series mind you, this is the first kind of post in this series. Of course, I'll never forget how much fun it was to type up the first "All Our Favorite" post back in May, but I can't believe it's August already. Is that hard for anyone else to believe? Well regardless, you all seem to like these posts, and so I'll keep making them! Pure and simple. Since the hype for Sun and Moon still hasn't died down over the last few months, and now the hype for the sequels has begun to pique in us all, I figured it was about time to give the pokémon of Alola their own spotlight. Alolan Forms was one of the most, if not the most, unexpected feature of Sun and Moon. I remember watching the trailer for the first time with my colleagues and no one knew what to say. We were all so stunned. The good kind. But once the games actually came out, it was clear towards which pokémon we'd gravitated. That being said, let's jump into it. My personal favorite Alolan form pokémon is:

Alolan Sandslash
[Image: A-Sandslash_RGB_300dpi.jpeg]
Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Rock Slide/Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash

Totally, completely, and eternally, my favorite Alolan form is the Ice/Steel-Type Sandslash. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that they breathed new life into one of my favorite Gen 1 pokémon (even though I only ever used one in Gen 3). Its Defense is great, give it a Life Orb and it'll wreck face, and with the introduction of the ability Slush Rush, Sandslash is actually usable for the first time in...well, ever. I never made a VGC team with Sandslash on it this metagame, and I've been kicking myself for it. But I'm sure it'll be the first thing I test in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as soon as Move Tutors come back. They'll be there, I'm sure of it. The second games in a generation always have Move Tutors (Platinum, HGSS, B2W2, ORAS, etc.). Also, if you're in need of a HA Sandshrew-Alola, just PM me! I've got plenty leftover from when I bred a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew, and subsequently evolved her into a Sandslash. She's just so pretty! She'd rather be shiny!

[Image: latest?cb=20170315123353]

In regards to other Alolan forms, I looked through them all and I realized that only I like most of them, not love them. So instead of the usual three, I'm only doing two today. Sorry everyone, but this is called "All Our Favorite" for a reason. Not "All Our Kind of Like." The other two Alolan forms I adore are:

Marowak-alola Persian-alola

We knew that Marowak was going to get an Alolan form thanks to Kiawe's character description, but we didn't fully understand what that entailed. So when Marowak's Alolan form was revealed weeks later sporting the Fire/Ghost-Type, everyone went crazy. Myself included. I think Marowak has one of the coolest, most creative designs of all the Alolan forms, and the typing just makes sense for it. I actually used one on my April International Challenge team, but you can read about that here: → (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-RATE-MY...lenge-Team). It's a shame it's weak to Knock Off now, but it's still one of the best, in my opinion. The other Alolan form I just adore is Alolan Persian, making its second "All Our Favorite" appearance. Persian's Alolan form came under a lot of hate for looking like a watermelon, and the memes came soon after. Frankly, I think that if Alolan Persian is a beauty standard in Alola, then clearly the native Kantonians have unrealistic standards of beauty. Alolan Persian, you are beautiful, and nothing's gonna bring you down! Also, you get Parting Shot. People don't really know how useful that is. Big Grin

Well, that's it for Friday's post. As usual, I'll tag three fellow users in the thread below asking them what their favorite Alolan forms are. Hopefully we'll get some interesting answers as we jump on this Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon hype train!

Thanks for reading everyone! See you on Monday with my first post about Beast Balls! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. Find all three references in this post and I'll award the observant trainer with a legitimate Shiny Meditite! Good luck, trainers! Wink
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by 0kamii - Aug 4, 2017, 10:36 AM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by 0kamii - Aug 4, 2017, 10:47 AM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by TimeTwist - Aug 4, 2017, 07:53 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by Reis - Aug 4, 2017, 10:52 AM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by 0kamii - Aug 4, 2017, 12:37 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by wartty - Aug 4, 2017, 02:03 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by Spyro190 - Aug 4, 2017, 02:13 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by 0kamii - Aug 4, 2017, 03:07 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by Spyro190 - Aug 4, 2017, 11:42 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Alolan Forms! - by PokѐGuy - Aug 4, 2017, 03:18 PM