Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Looking for some input on my team!
(Aug 10, 2017, 09:17 AM)Sea34 Wrote:
(Aug 9, 2017, 07:00 PM)Anabel Wrote: Hey, I see you're online so I'll drop another awesome rain dance team suggestion for you.

Seismitoad @ Life Orb/LeftoversAbility: Swift SwimEVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpeTimid Nature- Scald- Earth Power- Substitute- Toxic
Seismitoad is awesome because it has an Electric Immunity, it has access to Scald and Earth Power, both nice options but you just need to be wary of Grass Types.

Beartic @ Life OrbAbility: Swift SwimEVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpeAdamant Nature- Icicle Crash- Superpower- Aqua Jet- Swords Dance

One of my favorite Swift Swim Pokémon because of it being an Ice Type.

Hopefully these suggestions help out. Smile

First of all, thank for all of your suggestions. You've helped me out but from the last time I have posted I've learned a few more things (thank goodness). First, I didn't quite understand tiers, and honestly, I still don't. Based on my team now, I believe it has changed to an Ultra/UU team depending on which Pokemon starts the rain move. Primal Kyoger works for setting the heavy rain, which would be perfect for any Pokemon that is affected by fire. Unless legendary are prohibited, Pelipper with drizzle makes up for that missing slot while old damp rock. 
Seismitoad is a Pokemon that I have considered, it's tanky and can deal a significant amount of damage while not worrying about electric typing. The one concern is how many water types I am putting on my team, leaving me quite vulnerable to grass. I have kingdra on my team because swift swim + its overall balance in stats is perfect, and the combination of it move pool is fantastic. Yet that is already two water types under my belt. I could replace Ludicolo for Seismitoad, but what tier is he even apart of? Would I even be able to put seismitoad in my team due to his tier or does that not matter? A little confused on which Pokemon are and aren't allowed to go together based on how they are played overall.
Smogon's main tiers work as chinese boxes. There is a huge box called OU in wich you can use basically what you want, and then smaller boxes each one inside another one wich are UU, RU, NU and PU. In every box you can't use pokèmon wich are in bigger boxes, but you can use pokèmon wich are in smaller boxes. Practically in the smallest box (PU) you can use only pokèmon classified as PU, in NU you can use pokèmon classified NU or PU, in RU pokèmon classified as RU, NU or PU, in UU pokèmon classified as UU, RU, NU or PU and OU is the biggest box in wich you can use almost everything.
Every tier has a banlist, aka a list of banned pokèmon, moves, abilities, items or combinations of them. The banlist for OU has grown so much that now it's an independent tier: Ubers. The other banlists are called BL(X): we have BL for UU, BL2 for RU, BL3 for NU and BL4 for PU. When a pokèmon is classified as BL(X) it can't be used in a particullary box, but not even in the smaller ones.
Because of this system, the tiers in wich you can use your team depend on the highest classified pokèmon in your team. (the one in the biggest box) In your case, Pelipper and MGardevoir are classified as OU, so you can use your team in the SM OU tier. Here you can see the current classification.

Talking about Seismitoad and Beartic... they suck in SM OU. Beartic has a defensively terrible typing and a Rain team has Ice Beams/Punchs everywhere, so it doesn't need it neither offensively. Seismitoad has a liiiittle niche as SR setter version of Gastrodon, but it's completely outclassed by MSwampert as Swift Swim user.

Messages In This Thread
Looking for some input on my team! - by Sea34 - Aug 7, 2017, 06:44 PM
RE: Looking for some input on my team! - by Kris - Aug 8, 2017, 07:16 AM
RE: Looking for some input on my team! - by Kris - Aug 9, 2017, 07:00 PM
RE: Looking for some input on my team! - by Sea34 - Aug 10, 2017, 09:17 AM
RE: Looking for some input on my team! - by Spyro190 - Aug 10, 2017, 11:12 AM