Poll: Which starter did you choose in Johto?
This poll is closed.
Chikorita
0%
0 0%
Cyndaquil
69.23%
9 69.23%
Totodile
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii
[Image: fxwHYFD.png]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, bringing you the second part of my newest post series!

By a considerable margin, Johto was the clear victor from my last "Our Teams From" post, and so I'm here to share with you all my team from Johto, and hopefully inspire you all to share yours as well. While it may seem like heresy, I have very little that I remember from Johto. It was one of the regions I played the least, and I barely remember by first playthrough of SoulSilver, which was admittedly my first Johto game. I never played Gold and Silver. But regardless! This is the team that I used throughout my most successful playthough, and while it may not be the most exciting, I display it proudly. If you couldn't tell by my poorly edited cover image up there, my team from Johto looked like this:

[Image: typhlosion.png] [Image: noctowl.png] [Image: latest?cb=20130727212321]
 [Image: 666af93e43336152af9abe2a4d9125ff---pokem...n-team.jpg] [Image: lugia.png] 
[Image: raichu.png]

For this team, there's no hidden subplot, no romanticized fantasy, just an honest young trainer catching whatever pokémon he thought was coolest! I've always loved Fire-Types, they might be my fifth favorite type overall, so I just had to choose Cyndaquil going into the game. Typhlosion soon followed, and I remember how badly we dominated Bugsy! I vaguely remember catching a Hoothoot and a Pidgey, but since only Hoothoot was actually from Johto, I figured it'd be more authentic to use it instead. The Red Gyarados came much later. I didn't start Shiny hunting until Gen 6 when the odds were increased, and I guess I was just anxious to have a Shiny on my team. All the same I needed a Water-Type, and Gyarados filled that role to a tee! It's also the only pokémon I used on both my Kanto and Johto teams! Soon after came Lugia, or Dragonite? Ugh. It's been a while since I picked up the Gen 2 remakes, but anyway they joined the team afterwards, and I gladly welcomed both powerhouses. Again, I wasn't much into competitive battling then, and I just wanted to use my favorites. The very last addition to the team was Raichu, who was given to me by a friend as an egg. Only once it hatched did I notice it had Volt Tackle, and I couldn't resist having a Raichu with its signature move. We pummeled the gyms, steamrolled the Elite Four, and obilerated Red! These six mons and I went through over 100 hours of gameplay together, probably more. Just 100 that I remember-ish. And I won't ever forget them! Maybe I'll recreate the team someday, just for kicks?

Even though it was a Johto game, my MVP was probably Dragonite. I got the Extreme Speed Dratini from the Dragon's Den elder, and I raised it strong and proud. We might've beat Clair together, but I honestly can't remember. Dragonite had awesome coverage in Surf, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, and Extreme Speed, and we powered through many battles together. The Extreme Speed Dratini was also one of the first pokémon I remember getting to level 100! So there's that milestone!

Well, that's it for today's post! Kind of short, I know. But this here post was never about me. It's about all of you, so please feel free to share the teams that you remember most fondly from your Gen 2 experience. Be it from the originals, or the remakes, I want to hear it all! And don't forget to vote on the poll about which starter you chose. See you all on Wednesday with the last VGC analysis of the season.

Thanks so much for reading everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by 0kamii - Aug 13, 2017, 09:46 PM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by 0kamii - Aug 13, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by Reis - Aug 14, 2017, 05:57 AM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by Kris - Aug 14, 2017, 07:08 AM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by 0kamii - Aug 14, 2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by Reis - Aug 15, 2017, 05:52 AM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by Kris - Aug 14, 2017, 09:29 PM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by Chansey - Aug 15, 2017, 06:17 PM
RE: Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii - by 0kamii - Aug 15, 2017, 08:30 PM