16 69.57%
Metagross
30.43%
7 30.43%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Shiny Showdown Week 1: Ho-oh vs Metagross
HO-OH IS BETTER.  She's a lovely golden phoenix (her name,  "Houou," literally means "phoenix") and the golden aura makes her even more beautiful.  In Chinese culture,  dragons (which are associated with the element of water) and phoenixes are auspicious symbols which together respectively represent man and woman joined in marriage, so Lugia and Ho-oh represent a fortunate marriage- isn't that cute?  Their shiny forms are both cute, too, with the golden Ho-oh glimmering like the sunrise or flickering flames.

She's also really important to the original anime  series, being the first legendary Ash/Satoshi sees on his journey in the first episodes- and the one he sees is shiny!  To be fair Ho-oh is a beautifully-designed Pokémon and even if her shiny form was like snot-green she would still be beautiful,  but the gold- which harkens to the golden statues adorning traditional building eaves- is really a magnificent choice for her.

Ho-oh is a highly versatile pokemon capable of learning practically any move type but water and ice (Lugia can handle those!) and is one of my favorites and is much nicer than the shiny mega death-crab my sister always uses to beat me down with. Sad  HOOH FTW.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shiny Showdown Week 1: Ho-oh vs Metagross - by Chansey - Sep 2, 2017, 01:06 PM