Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[Themed Teams] Alice in Wonderland
I love the cute animals in Alice in Wonderland, and when I found out that you can replicate her outfit in Sun/Moon, I got the idea of doing a theme team based around the book's characters. I'm not done breeding/raising these guys yet, but this is what I've thought of so far: 
Wigglytuff
The White Rabbit
Ermm, well, the PINK rabbit.  But it's light-colored!  Close enough. Wigglytuff is the lead Pokemon because it's the first to appear in the book, and it's got a very versatile moveset (especially with tms.)

Gengar
The Cheshire Cat
Considering its looks, abilities, personality,and the perennial popularity of the book in Japan, I'm 99% sure that Gengar is actually an intentional Cheshire Cat reference.  It's also a great Pokemon,and has been since Gen 1.

[Image: scolipede.png]
The Caterpillar
As well as being a great bug-type, this is another one whose design may be an intentional Alice reference.  I like to think so!

[Image: shiinotic.png]
The Mushroom
Well...  Self-explanatory.  It looks kind of magical, doesn't it?

[Image: carracosta.png]
The Mock-Turtle
I thought about using Torkoal, but I really needed something to balance out my team's grass weakness (at the time,  Roserade and Whimsicott were both under consideration!) plus the Mock-turtle has a saltwater association in the book.  Ergo, a sea turtle! 

Jynx
The Red Queen
She does look kind of regal, doesn't she?  She's even wearing red!

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
[Themed Teams] Alice in Wonderland - by Chansey - Nov 17, 2017, 01:06 PM
RE: [Alice in Wonderland] Theme Team - by Chansey - Nov 17, 2017, 01:21 PM
RE: [Themed Teams] Alice in Wonderland - by Chansey - Nov 17, 2017, 01:46 PM
RE: [Themed Teams] Alice in Wonderland - by Chansey - Nov 17, 2017, 01:48 PM
RE: [Themed Teams] Alice in Wonderland - by Kris - Nov 17, 2017, 03:30 PM
RE: [Themed Teams] Alice in Wonderland - by Kris - Nov 17, 2017, 03:33 PM