Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] (somewhat) monthly sm ou metagame update
@Spyro190 why did you just say "stakataka is horrible unless you run a good set"? thats a very dumb statement, stakataka definitely isn't that good but its stupid bulk and ability to be a good otr mon give it a niche. i do agree that fightium z sounds like a cool set though, but i haven't tried it out and didnt want to speak about something i didnt know. and mega latios doesnt do "the same thing as regular latios" since the attack boost helps it beat stuff like ttar and heatran (which are super common rn) with eq and regular latios can't lure them as well unless you are running waterium z which wastes your z slot. mega evolutions dont have the same opportunity cost as before and a lot of teams don't run mega evolutions, so teams that are somewhat weak to tran/ttar but would still enjoy speed control/offensive presence/its defensive typing and bulk (which is quite good and better than the bulk of regular latios) and that don't run a mega can definitely make good use of mlatios. again its not a top tier threat but it still has a decent niche.

like honestly those mons aren't horrible they are respectively b- and b rank in the ou vr, and the definition of a b ranked mon is a pokemon that does well in the metagame, but needs some specific support to work (smogon explains it better if you want), so im a bit confused about you calling them "horrible".

i'll gladly accept feedback on my threads, but uninformed one-liners are a bit irritating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (somewhat) weekly sm ou metagame update - by croissant - Nov 28, 2017, 02:49 PM