Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Getting Back into VGC after focusing on the TCG
It's really difficult to give feedback since the format hasn't started yet so we really don't know what will be good and not.

I see Naganadel's niche as being a Tailwind setter, so I would go with that over Dragon Pulse because Dragon STAB just isn't as good as previous formats with all the fairies and misty terrain. 84 HP, 252 SpA, 172 Spe with Timid nature gives a SpA boost from Beast Boost, which is preferred with Tailwind. Fire Blast over Flamethrower is also an option.

This also works well considering u have Fake Out support from M-Kangaskhan, so Mega Kangaskhan+Naganadel can be your lead/core.

After Kangaskhan lost Power-Up Punch, Double Edge is the premier STAB because it deals more damage unboosted. Also with Fake Out, putting Low Kick over Protect is usually preferred. Early Bird is quite cheesy against Spore and what not, but Scrappy is usually the most consistent choice. But we won't know until we see how the format will shape out.

Landorus' Intimidate and Bisharp's Defiant supports Kangaskhan well, however I don't know how good Bisharp will be in practise, considering Heatran and Blacephelon and what not. I would probably replace Marowak with something because it doesn't fit well with Tailwind. Tapu Fini is a solid mon so that should be fine, Choice Specs+Tailwind seems strong so.

Hard to say much more since we know so little of the format yet.

Cheers
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting Back into VGC after focusing on the TCG - by PerchPond - Nov 24, 2017, 05:37 PM