Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[US/UM] Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Thoughts and my Opinion
I got my copy of Pokemon Ultra Sun at Christmas, and as soon as I started, despite already being in this same region only a year ago, I immediately felt that same sense of awe at just how far Pokemon has come over 21 years. The differences are immediately noticeable, graphical changes are very impressive, from the overworld visuals to the battle UI, it's all a really cool, sometimes subtle change. The majority of the Trials are now completely different, but speaking of Trials, Mina's Trial was one of my favorites as it harkens back to the Gym System of old. The game felt a little more difficult this time around, I mean I tend to deliberately challenge myself, but this time it did feel tougher. I love the Ultra Recon Squad....specifically Dulse. Team Skull didn't get much of a change, as I expected, but the Aether Foundation felt really lackluster however. The lack of a Mother Beast Lusamine just wasn't right, and the new Lusamine downright sucks. You really can't defend a twisted mother leaves her kids for a Pokemon from another dimension turns into cutesie happy "Let's save Alola" anti-hero. That aside, this the only problem I have with the games. The playing with overworld Pokemon feature is a lot of fun and I'm still trying to find them all. The Charjabug is my favorite. I don't use O Powers except for Catch to get Beast Ball Pokemon, but I imagine they are useful. The climax was great, I enjoyed the idea of Necrozma basically going rogue, even to the point where you cannot catch him until later. Mane Of Twilight was a straightforward battle, but Ultra Necrozma? Ugh... 4 attempts and I managed to defeat him. Pokemon League wasn't too different, but I enjoyed the Champion Hau Battle. Overall, this game, although definitely nowhere near perfect, is a very enjoyable Pokemon game. Far better than Pokemon X and Y / Pokemon OrAs. People's stupid and unrealistic expectations ruined the games' early reputation, calling it $10 DLC when we knew actually nothing about it, expecting a second region, and the worst, expecting the Battle Frontier. Regardless, the games sold well so people were clearly wrong.
OU MASTER RACE

Messages In This Thread
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Thoughts and my Opinion - by Kris - Jan 7, 2018, 07:17 AM