Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] The Most Popular VGC Pokémon from Each Generation!
@PerchPond

Great choices, Perch! I especially like your Alolan Marowak. Definitely my second favorite Alolan form period, just behind Sandslash. I figured I may as well weigh in myself, since I rarely do anything with VGC now that we're moving into this current season.

Gen 1:

Aerodactyl

I'm no stranger to loving Fossil Pokémon, but no matter the meta they always seem to be outclassed by something else. Sadly, my Aerodactyl is no exception. Even with its Mega Evolution it's fighting for a spot in the tier list, barely sliding in at C tier. Poor Aerodactyl, will you ever be good? I want you to be so badly...

Gen 2:

Smeargle

I just love the verstility of Smeargle's moveset. It can learn pretty much anything, and can thus fill in just about any slot on the team you want. I've only ever actually used one myself last year, but it was still so much fun, and I very much expect to use one again in the future.

Gen 3:

Torkoal

My wish for Torkoal to be viable in VGC was sort of granted in 2017 when it got Drought. Ashton Cox certainly proved that it can work on the right team, and with smart plays. I have fond memories of crushing my friends with my Torkoal, E'ala Ahi, and I really hope I get more chances to use him in the future. Drought + Eruption = FTW! Swampert was going to take this spot, but Meag Swampert is already being used. Good for 0kamii!

Gen 4:

Mamoswine

Yet another pokémon that I love that's seen success in the VGC format. Pretty sure everyone remembers how Arash Omati won back in 2013? I want to say with a Mamoswine on his team. All of my attempts to use a Mamoswine have failed, as there's usually a better Ground-Type lingering on the scene, Garchomp, Landorus-T, and so on. Definitely want to try using one again this year, just have to crack the formula for making him work.

Gen 5:

Bisharp

You'd think Emolga would've been here, but Emolga is more a signature 0kamii strategy, and I'd like to keep it that way. Bisharp is probably my favorite Gen 5 pokémon, and it makes me elated to see it on the tier list at all. I'm definitely going to try using this thing on my team, and I think I may even have one of those secret 0kamii strategies to push it to next level. Only time will tell, though.

Gen 6:

Hawlucha

Hawlucha was one of those pokémon that I discovered whilst mucking about in the heart of Kalos. I thought nothing of it too when I first encountered one, and then I saw people using it in competitive Singles and I thought I'd give it a try. Pairing it with Misty/Psychic Seed to get the Unburden boost is very fun to use, albeit a bit risky. But that's just the way I like to play, 'twas a match made in Mictlan.

Gen 7:

[Image: Tapu_Bulu_300dpi_png_jpgcopy.jpg]

Naganadel was a close second, especially since you know how upset I was moving it, but Tapu Bulu has lived in my heart since the beginning. It's easily my favorite of the Tapus, and being the slowest also means that it will win the terrain almost every time. It has great Attack and Defense, and while it's checked by Charizard, Heatran, Amoonguss, and other top tier mons, that doesn't dampen the spark in my heart for this mystical bovine. Bulu will see success one day, mark my words.
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Popular VGC Pokémon from Each Generation! - by 0kamii - Jan 14, 2018, 10:10 PM