Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] The March Meet & Greet - A Month to Compete!
[Image: eCoWsMK.png]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and I'm here to bring you guys this lucky green Meet & Greet!

If you're a longtime user, or have just recently joined us here on the site, then please: Welcome to PokémonForever! This is a nifty little site for all things pokémon, and some things not. We have plenty of forums for all kinds of discussion, and we have events going on continuously for all sorts of trainers. Be it a Shiny hunter, breeder, competitive battler, or just someone who enjoys to talk about Pokémon, I'm sure you'll find a spot in our forums somewhere. The monthly Meet & Greet serves as a chance for newer users to break the mold and introduce themselves, while veteran users can resurge from the darkness of the forums and reintroduce themselves to all our newest browsers. We, the PokémonForever mod team, look forward to having all of you, and we hope y'all stick around for a good long time. If you have any questions, feel free to PM myself, @0kamii, one of the other mods, @stephenWITNESS, or @FireTaco, or one of our awesome Kahunas, @Kris, @"yung lord", and @moo311.

[Image: icon-pidove.png] [Image: icon-emolga.png] [Image: icon-oddish.png]

Featured This Month:

• If you're the type of trainer that loves to compete in competitive style battles, then you're in luck. There's not one, but TWO events happening this month. Head on over to @FireTaco Luck of the Shinies competition to battle it out with all manner of lucky green Shinies!

• If you'd rather compete in normal competition, the registration date for the March International Challenge 2018 begins on Thursday the 15th. The challenge itself doesn't begin until the 23rd, so there's plenty of time to build your VGC-style team!

• And as always, our wonderful (and tireless) Kahuna @moo311 is hosting a giveaway featuring the pokémon on Ryota Otsubo's Worlds 2017 winning team. Head on over there if you've a hankering for some world-class level mons!

[Image: icon-persian.png] [Image: icon-cryogonal.png] [Image: icon-manectric.png]

We here at PokémonForever love to talk about all things competitive. If you're the type of person whose urge for battles hasn't been satisfied, then head on over to our Competitive discussion forums for movesets, strategies, and even battle requests if you're feeling bold!

Are you looking to complete your PokéDex, but need some help getting those last few mons? No worries! Just stop by our Trading, Breeding, & Friend Safari forum for all things pertaining to trading, partnership, and cute baby mons. My breeding guild and I,
Amethyst 0mega, are always willing to help out users with their pokémon breeding needs! Look for the omega in a user's profile pic to find us!

And last, but certainly not least, if you enjoy free stuff then take a journey to our Giveaways forum. Even if you don't feel like using Ryota's team, there's still plenty of exciting things you can find floating around if you look! Stop by; you may find something you never knew you wanted!

If you'd like to talk with other users in real time, as well as with the mod team and I, then pop by our community Discord page. The link should be right over there ⇒. Don't worry about having to download anything, it's completely free and fast.

[Image: icon-infernape.png] [Image: icon-swinub.png] [Image: icon-dartrix.png]

Share With Us:

• Nintendo just recently announced their upcoming plans for the Nintendo Switch. Which games are you the most excited about coming to Switch?

For me, it has to be Ōkami. It's not my namesake for no reason. The game is beautifully crafted, and the amount of tributes paid to traditional Japanese folklore is staggering. This truly is a gem of a game, and I'm thrilled to see it get some of the attention of which it's been sarved.

• Keeping in theme with the month of lucky things, this mod has to to ask: What's the luckiest thing that's ever happen to you? (Doesn't have to be pokémon related)

The luckiest thing that's ever happened to me? Well, aside from my loving partner, @The_Flaine, I'd have to say the luckiest thing (in Pokémon) that's happened to me were my first two attempts at ally chaining after the release of Sun and Moon. I got a Pikipek in only 68 allies, and then a Rockruff in only 30 allies. This led me to believe that ally chaining was too easy, only later did I realize I'd just gotten really lucky!

• Everyone loves music! What's your favorite style? Favorite artist?

I've always had a love for New Age music (that includes Celtic music), but my favorite artist has to be the Eurovision 2012 Song Contest winner, Loreen. The_Flaine can tell you multiple stories about how I've gushed over her records, and she continues to blow me away with her artistry. Her style is usually very EDM, but lately she's dipping into soft punk, which she manages to pull off with near flawless aptitude.

• If you're a new user, you surely must've put some thought into your username. Why did you choose the username that you did?

I chose '0kamii' because 1) 'Okami' was already taken and 2) I just really love the game. Plus mononymous names are usually eaiser to remember than something like: "Lucian Claudiu-Vlad Dinu de Aur." Not my real name, but definitely a real name.

• Time to turn the tables! Tag a forum user and ask them a question using @. For example: @Sir. that's my toast. Great username! Mind telling us the story behind that one?

If you're still feeling kind of shy, then don't hesitate to simply drop in and say hello! We don't bite here on PokémonForever, and if you feel like you need help or assistance in any way you can feel free to reach us at any time. I hope you all enjoy your stay, and please enjoy all our little community has to often.

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
The March Meet & Greet - A Month to Compete! - by 0kamii - Mar 12, 2018, 10:18 AM