Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Shiny Fails
Now here is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside-down  that I have wanted to share with you all here for a while, but life is  this is the story of not only my first shiny legendary encounter, but also my first ever shiny fail.

I was planning on catching a shiny legendary for bragging rights fun, and decided to go for a shiny Pheromosa, however this is going to know as an event I will call "A Series of Unfortunate Events", Here is what had lead up to this:

- Been grinding Money in the Elite 4 for a while for some quick money

- Did some trading between my Sun and Ultra Moon Copy

- Went into wormhole with same team of:

- Barbaracle
 - Salazle
 - Alolan Exeggutor 
- Lycanroc
​ - And then 2 more I don't remember (I think they might have been eggs \_('-')_/ honestly it was so far back at this point I can't remember)

- Encountered Pheromosa in a few attempts

- Finally found the glorious bug with leggings after 348 SR

Now here comes the moments of terror that happened.  My Barbaracle was my false swiper I had chosen to use because I had only so long to do this (this was over an 8 day period when I had time).  So i get into the battle and go for false swipe, however first turn Pheromosa used Triple Kick and critting my Barbaracle the second and third times it hit, which koed him, I know, no big deal I can just revive him, BUT WAIT MAN, YOU JUST USED ALL YOUR REVIVES IN THE LEAGUE, I stared at my bag for a solid minute as I was trying to find something to revive him, but I wasn't able to find anything.  

Welp guess I can't do anything about that now, but I don't have a week enough attack that won't kill it.  Guess I just got to status it and catch it that way.  BUT WAIT DUDE ALL YOU GOT IS THAT SALAZZLE THAT CAN STATUS IT, AND IT IS THE MOVE TOXIC DUDE, I was livid at how stupid past me was.  

No problem I got like 2 master balls in my bag.....Traded both to my Sun Copy.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just started chucking Beast Balls at it, but non got more than 1 wiggle, so I went for the Toxic and hoped that I would be able to catch it before it died, but I you already guess where this story is heading. 

And thus I bid farewell to what could have been, rip Jeggings (the nickname I decided on)

This was all back in March by the way because I felt it went along with the Luck of the Shinies Tourny, but I guess I only fully recovered from it during the past week \_('-')_/

And I know I'm not the only who must have failed this bad, so I am asking all of you guys the following:

1. How many shinies have you failed if any?
2. How bad was your worse Shiny fail?
3. How bad was mine compared to your's?

I'm going for a much easier shiny next time, most likely a Magikarp because it descibes how this felt.

See you guys down below,

​​​​​​​~FireTaco
Mawr

Messages In This Thread
All Our Shiny Fails - by FireTaco - May 2, 2018, 01:08 PM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by TheArchMage - May 2, 2018, 04:20 PM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by DrRave - May 3, 2018, 03:14 AM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by Cubivor - May 3, 2018, 08:51 AM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by Bendytheinkdemon37 - May 4, 2018, 06:50 AM