Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Why do I do this to myself: A shiny hunting discussion
@BoyBoy313

Not sure how helpful this'll be, but I'd suggest Shiny hunting Type: Null in Sun and Moon instead of US/UM. You can save right in front of Gladion in the post-game and after only a few taps of A he'll give it to you. I spent the whole of my freshman spring break resetting for Type: Null this way, and I finally got him after 3,893 soft-resets. At the time, it was my longest hunt, and I was really proud of myself for sticking with it. Of course, the Relic Castle Volcarona in B2 has now passed that with 9,601 soft-resets at the current count. So...moral of the story, stick with it!

Also, if it helps, if your PC boxes are full in US/UM, COMPLETELY FULL, Wicke will actually decline giving you Type: Null and return to Aether Paradise where she'll await for you to come claim it after clearing some room. So that should speed up the process if you can catch a whole bunch of mons and fill up your PC. Having completed the Living Dex, I imagine this won't be an issue for you.

Happy hunting!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do I do this to myself: A shiny hunting discussion - by 0kamii - Feb 8, 2019, 05:51 PM