Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[Closed for Now] "Be kind and respectful to one another" - Giveaway
I have an interesting point of view. It is MY PERSONAL point of view.

I didn't want to comment on the main thread when it was first posted because I do not battle and wouldn't be my place to comment about the issue. That being said, this is a different approach to the conversation which allows me to say 1 or 2 things.

I am a breeder, and that is all I do all day long every time I open my ds. I have never battled.

From what I have seen and noticed in the Pokemon community from the last 2 months that I've been playing my first Pokemon game, I have noticed that it has lost its very special and unique touch, that would be breeding Pokemon.

Why do I say this? Because most players around the world use Powersaves and/or Genne their Pokemon; In the search for that unique Pokemon with special features and characteristics, people do not breed/hatch/grow/train/evolve their Pokemon anymore. That special connection has been lost and why? Because through cheating, people became extremely competitive and only mindful of personal title acquisition, they only want to win.

If people would breed their own Pokemon, you would see a change of heart in the community. Because it bloody takes time and so much patience, and skill learnt through trial and error. People would develop a different attitude towards the game and Pokemon that cost so much to obtain, and thus, people would understand the hardship that it is.

Am I making sense?

I have nothing against Powersaves/Genned Pokemon, but when people use those fake-Pokemon for Tournaments, then things change; it is cheating according to Pokemon Rules.

Last time I checked, in my book, cheating talks about the morality of an individual. A very bad one.

How can we expect for people to respect each other when they engage in morally wrong acts? Putting this in different words with an example: You can't ask a person to keep a secret, when the entire town knows him/her as the gossiper. Basically, it is ironic.

Until people ponder, meditate about this problem, many other things won't be fixed.

So yeah, morality and stuff. Those are my 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Be kind and respectful to one another" - Giveaway - by Luisito - Aug 16, 2015, 03:08 PM