Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] M-Mawile Casual/Ubers Team
So I have been playing pokemon since R/B and became a wiz at making "in-game" teams obviously but when it comes to competitive battling I am still very new. In pokemon X/Y I decided to give a crack at it and I didn't do so hot until after a few tries where I managed to make a team I was happy with and took a break for other games.

So this brings us to now, I got myself OR and my gf AS(her first pokemon game lol) and while she is going through learning the basics that I am helping her with I am looking to build a new team. Back in X/Y my first team consisted of me wanting to use Mega-Mawile, which apparently now is in Ubers, but the point is that it was bad, very bad. Like you have no idea how bad lol.. Well you might but anyways.. So after long thought I decided I wanted to retry a M-Mawile team with all the new knowledge I had gained. So far I have only had the chance/time to play 2 games on showdown with it(3 actually but 1 of them dc'ed mid game and never returned) in Ubers, but they seemed to turn out well for what the teams were worth. The first team was a baton pass team and the other was a Sunny day fire based team. The baton pass team gave up after I got rid of their stacked buffs with a dragon tail, and the fire team got sweeped by starmie after some field damage and slows.

So here is the team I have setup atm. I wanted a kind of Bulky Stall team to get the opponents team ready for me to release M-Mawile in their face:

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Baton Pass

As I said I wanted chose M-Mawile as my mega because I just like the pokemon and wanted to see it work. The moveset is pretty standard, obviously using baton pass to make sure I don't get stuck against a magnezone or the like, and the other 3 moves for stab and well sucker punch is just awesome.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Fire Punch

My next thoughts were, what pokemon typing can take reduced damage from a fairy/steel's weaknesses and speed and matches my goals for the team? Dragon/Flying give the most support for reduced damage from the weaknesses. Out of the normal Dragon/fliers, Dragonite gives the right amount of bulk with the right moveset to also support Mawile's lack of speed. Using a standard Bulky build with Fire Punch as I am lacking fire type stab on the team.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Next my thoughts were, what could absolutely break M-Mawile & Co? Status effects! Burns/Para's especially. So I wanted a bulky cleric type. Originally I thought of Umbreon as Umbreon is my all time favorite pokemon but I didn't want the fighting weakness/neutrality shared with M-mawile so I went with Sylveon. The build is a standard cleric build with Hyper Voice so it isn't just taunt bait.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Next on my thought list was I not only want to rid myself of status but I want to wear the opposing team down while I set up for M-mawile. Ferrothorn obviously matched my bulky needs as well as giving another Twaver along with Spikes, next to some extra recovery from leech seed to go with leftovers.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Now that I had traps myself, I wanted a way to get rid of traps. Out of all the spinners Starmie seemed like it would be my best bet as it also has the stats to cover other areas such as Keldeo with psyshock. And for pokemon I can't paralyze such as ground pokemon who are usually physically based, a nice scald burn helps to reduce their damage output towards my teams already bulkiness.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

And lastly I wanted a good lead. Someone bulky enough to go in and at the very least start up stealth rocks. I opted for Damp ability to protect against explosion as my moveset does not have a water stab so it would be wasted with torrent. He can SR, he can scout/stall with protect as well as a nice EQ stab and then Ice beam for those pesky EQ resisters.

Like I said I am still new to team building so I will take constructive criticism and ideas as I like to learn. Thanks for your time of reading my babble and may all your encounters be shiny!

Messages In This Thread
M-Mawile Casual/Ubers Team - by ChucklezKB - Jan 7, 2016, 09:16 AM