Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What's your history with shiny Pokemon?
Welp, the title says it all. I feel like sharing my experiences, and I'm curious about what this community's overall experiences with shiny Pokemon are. I'm excluding events and hacked shinies (which I may or may not have done in Generation 4.)

My first shiny Pokemon was a shiny Machop in Pokemon Emerald. I remember one day I was biking through Fiery Pass hatching the Wynaut egg from the old lady. I saw the brown Machop silhouette when it scrolled in and immediately knew it was different. Then, when I saw the sparkles, I freaked out a little. I didn't want to knock it out, and I tried to be super cautious about getting the Machop's HP down (then again, I probably shouldn't have used a Swablu's Peck to reduce it's HP.) Either way, I was able to catch it in a Great Ball. I don't remember how long ago that was, but that was a long time ago. I migrated it to SoulSilver, but I haven't moved it beyond that game.

After the Machop, I didn't see any new Shiny Pokemon until Generation 6. In Pokemon X, my first shiny was a Haunter. I found him in Frost Cavern the day of the premiere of Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions (which is totally awesome and you should go if you haven't already there should still be some tickets get them now before it's too late don't miss it.) I caught it and was able to evolve him at the Pokemon World Championships the next day. I decided to do some chain fishing in Pokemon X as well, and got 3 shiny Poliwhirls and a shiny Basculin. I almost forgot about them until now, to be honest. Beyond that, I didn't see any more shiny Pokemon in the wild, except for one in Alpha Sapphire, which I will get to later. I then started down the dark and all-consuming path of Pokemon Breeding. (no regrets!) During my time breeding in Pokemon X, the only shiny I remember was a shiny Klefki, and when I got it, I completely lost my mind. I was incapable of logical speech for the next few minutes except for "SHINY KLEFKI!" I was pretty stoked about him. The final shiny I bred in Pokemon X was a shiny Litwick. I wanted to use on in a Trick Room team which I never completed. That Litwick is now a Chandelure, and I love it's shiny form even more now.

In Alpha Sapphire, most of my shinies I encountered were from breeding. I started a breeding service way back when, and I bred two shinies while I had it open. One was an Espurr. At the time I was hoping for a female Espurr with Own Tempo, and this was close enough. If by close enough, of course, you mean it's male. With Keen Eye. So, yeah, I was pretty angry about that. And it's also part of the reason why I hate Espurr, or at least breeding for it. But the less said the better. My other shiny I bred during the time was a Bagon. I was surprised that it met all of the requirements that I needed to breed for it (6 IV SHINY FTW, SON!), so I trained it up and am waiting to give it to the person who requested it. I still have a lot of requested Pokemon from when I did that giveaway, but this is not the thread to bring that up.

Once I was done with the giveaway, I had time to breed Pokemon for myself, and I spent some time breeding for a shiny Sableye in a Dusk Ball (yes, I went back to Granite Cave and DexNaved another female Prankster Sableye so I could catch it in a Dusk Ball, not something I recommend) and a shiny Volcarona. Yes, I do like the yellow shinies, and I considered making a team of them, but changed my mind.

That's all I bred, but I encountered 2 other shinies in Alpha Sapphire. I was EV training Attack in Mt. Pyre and I stumbled across a shiny Shuppet out of nowhere. I was able to catch it, of course. And the last shiny I got was from Wonder Trade. I was randomly trading away some breedjects to make room in my boxes (because I'm one of the poor scrubs who doesn't have Pokemon Bank,) and suddenly my trading partner was a Twitch streamer (for those who are wondering, the guy's name was AuSLove,) and I happened to get a shiny Blaziken from the whole ordeal. Granted, it's 100% hacked, and I can prove this since it's in a Love Ball, but to be honest, I don't care. It's still awesome to have a Pokemon from a streamer. It's a good thing I never plan to use it.

That's about all of the shinies that I have encountered to this point. I'm just happy to retell the tales of old glories of shiny Pokemon long, long ago. If you read this entire thing, good for you? Anyway, what shinies have everyone else encountered? Please leave a comment below, because I want to know what everyone else has seen.

Messages In This Thread
What's your history with shiny Pokemon? - by Craftsman42 - Jan 7, 2016, 02:46 PM