Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How to Pokegen in XY/ORAS! (WIP)
Hey guys, due to the unexpected popularity of my PokeGen requests post I'm going to show you guys how to do it yourself!!
This is still a work in progress, but you should be able to follow through just fine. If you need any help, just ask! I'll be adding pictures and possible a video soon.

What You'll Need:

-A copy of Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, or White 2 versions ~$25

-A 2DS or 3DS (you should already have this)                        
-PokeBank and PokeTransporter                                                ~$5

-An R4i Save Dongle (more about this later)                              ~$15

-A laptop with Windows XP or 7 (you should already have this)                                           
 (I use a Mac, so I can do a Mac tutorial if requested)                             

What is and where do you buy an R4i Save Dongle?

The save dongle is a USB device with a slot to put your game cartridge in and plugs into your computer. You can upload your .SAV file onto your computer, edit it, and then upload the new .SAV file back onto your cartridge. I bought mine from http://www.bestr4i3ds.com/r4i-save-dongle-c-8.html

What's the difference between PokeGen/Save Dongle and PowerSaves?
I've actually never used PowerSaves, but I think that you edit the Pokemon's stats/shinyness/etc. But the main difference is that you can't do what Save Dongle and PokeGen does with PowerSaves: making and injecting custom Pokemon. So if you want to edit preexisting Pokemon, both can do that, but if you want to make and then upload custom Pokemon to your game, you're going to want Save Dongle and PokeGen. (We'll talk about an alternative, PKHeX, later.)

Once you have everything, let's get started! The first thing you'll want to do is get to a point where you've received a Pokedex and gotten to a Pokemon Center in your BW/BW2 game. This shouldn't be too hard! Then, you'll need to download drivers, SaveDongle Backup/Restore, Firmware Uploader, Firmware Download, and PokeGen. All of these files can be found on the SaveDongle's official website, http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/SaveDongle.asp

Install everything. (Still working on this part. I'll need to uninstall everything so I can write down the instructions exactly and maybe get a few pictures, so please bear with me!)

Insert your BW/BW2 cartridge into the slot on the save dongle, then plug the save dongle into your computer. Press the green 'Card --> PC' button, name the file, and wait until it finishes. Next, you'll want to open up PokeGen, and open up your .sav file in PokeGen. If you've done everything correctly, your current PC boxes and the Pokemon inside them should display. Now, you can go ahead and import a .pkm file from a resource such as https://www.pokedit.com/download/default...emon-black. Just drag and drop the file from your computer onto an empty space in your box. Or, you can go ahead and make your own, although I find it much easier to just get a PKM from Pokedit and edit it to my own specifications. How to edit it? Well, it's pretty self explanatory since there is a panel of editable.. things next to your box, just type in what you want.

Okay, now it's time to get your edited SAV back to the cartridge. In PokeGen, go to File < Save, or Save As if you want to keep the original SAV as a backup. This is useful should your data become corrupted for any reason. Now, head back to the r4i Dongle program, and select 'PC --> Card.' Choose the .sav file you want to upload, whatever you saved it as in PokeGen. Wait until it finishes, then pop the cart out and insert it into your 3ds. Go into the game and your freshly genned pokemon should be there! Save and exit the game. Now, just use Pokebank and Poketransfer with your BW2 game like you would normally! If for some reason it does not go through, try genning another one. Check that nothing is obviously illegal, the most crucial is moves and ability. For the most part, don't worry about anything else, as Pokebank does a horrid job of checking for genned 'mons. If it all goes through, congrats! Have fun seeing your custom-made Poke in beautiful 3D.

TL;DR Buy the equipment, install the programs, gen your Pokemon, upload it back onto cart, Pokebank, done.

Thanks for reading! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask me in the replies below, or shoot me a PM. Have a nice day!
I do stuffs.

Requests
How to Pokegen

Messages In This Thread
How to Pokegen in XY/ORAS! (WIP) - by PruuChan - Dec 7, 2014, 05:19 PM
RE: How to Pokegen in XY/ORAS! (WIP) - by PruuChan - Jun 21, 2015, 04:41 PM