Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

A Very Unofficial Pokemon Go Strategy Guide
(Jul 15, 2016, 07:12 PM)Chawizawd Wrote: I've heard one hypothesis to the Pokemon's height and weight in which these values contribute towards CP and HP, in which they are almost like IVs in the main series games. As I understand it, each Pokemon species has a determined height and weight range, and this value is acting as the 1-31 IV range from main series games. The CP can be compared to EVs in this analogy. 

This hypothesis is just about de-bunked. You can find the IVs of your Pokemon by using a calculator found in this link: https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

The most basic way I can elaborate, for those who haven't followed the link, is that the IVs are based on CP and HP. Stardust investment takes the place of EV training. Without shamelessly stealing the info at PokeAssistant, I can't say much more than, simply, a few equations involving CP, HP, and Stardust investment will reveal hidden values which represent the Pokemon's stats: Stamina, Attack, and Defence. No longer do Pokemon have the traditional HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef, and Speed.

Of course I have heard plenty of anecdotes from players who report Vaporeons being faster than Jolteons, this Speed stat seems to no longer be a factor within the game. It appears Niantic is changing the game little by little, but it's hard to tell due to their low volume of communication. Only player investigation will uncover these hidden facets for now. Please, anyone with insight is welcome to discussion, my Beginner's Guide is a slow moving work in progress and I assume new game mechanics will be a steadily evolving (heh) part of Pokemon Go.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Very Unofficial Pokemon Go Strategy Guide - by Chawizawd - Aug 5, 2016, 04:51 AM