Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First attempt at trying to come up with a team
(Apr 12, 2017, 06:52 AM)pangthagerous Wrote:
(Apr 11, 2017, 05:12 PM)Kidakairis Wrote: First what game type is this for. Battlespot singles or doubles, VGC, smogon singles or doubles. That info is really needed because the game types meta has significant relevance for recommended sets and team structure.

Battle spot singles is what I was thinking of for this, but I also don't think I fully realized how much format changes team setup. So that's a thing I didn't even know how to ask.

Ok well pretty much since battlespot singles is 3v3 I personally wouldn't put rapid spin on Sandslash because stealth rocks is only common in smogon also as a stated I prefer a sweeper set for my Sandslash. The reason format is important is because you have to worry about threats relevant to current meta and 3v3 weather teams can be hard to pull off because 1 of your pokemon (Sandslash) will be always rely on your 1 of your other Pokemon (Ninetales). Because you are doing BSS I would start by trying other Pokemon that could work with Ninetales.

I once had some success with a team that used Mega Salamance as an alternative sweeper. I used Ninetales to set up Aurora Veil switched to Salamance, throwing my opponent off guard because they expected Sandslah and got off a Dragon Dance as a result to sweep. In a nutshell what I am saying is in BSS never have only a single strategy. If your team is so shallow that your only way to sweep is with Sandslash your opponent will take advantage of this.

For instance Mega Charizard Y could run circles around your team because it can be used as a lead mega evo to set up sunny day then use fire moves OHKO both Ninetales and Sandslash. I still see Mega Charizard Y fairly often on BSS. You will want something on your team to not only counter it but other fire types that maybe able to take advantage of your team. Choice Scarf Landorus T works pretty well it will outspeed all other leads without a Choice Scarf and carrying Stone Edge and STAB Earthquake should deal with most Fire types. Landorus T also has intimidate and U turn. It's biggest weakness is Ice which you could switch out to Ninetales or Sandslash (both of them resist) giving you some synergy.

The biggest threat your team faces is solely building it around the Ninetales-Sandslash strategy because if your opponent sees this in the team preview he will be able to set up a counter strategy to throw you off and cost you the game. I suggest reading more about the BSS meta to see what the biggest threats of the format are and make sure your team is prepared for all the major threats. Team building is time consuming but in time you will start seeing benefits as you work on your team.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First attempt at trying to come up with a team - by Kidakairis - Apr 12, 2017, 01:24 PM