Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] 0kamii's 1st Place Emolga Team (Locals)
@Skyla Hey there, Skyla! Nice to see you again!

Across the entire tournament, there were three distinct mons I remember that really gave me trouble. The first was Arcanine, specifically the bulky variant, or 'Bulkanine,' as the players called it. Even with the coverage provided by Garchomp and Gastrodon, I didn't always have the advantage when Bulkanine hit the field. Despite no Sp. Atk investment, it could still obilterate my Ninetales in two hits, and I was forced to either let my Ninetales go down, or try and switch to save it. Not to mention it took a sizeable chunk of HP out of my Celesteela as well.

Another mon that gave me problems was the Lilligant/Torkoal combination, specifically Lilligant. Obviously, Gastrodon is one of my two walls, and since Lilligant is a standard lead with its partner Torkoal, getting stuck with a Gastrodon on the field almost always spelled doom for my poor slug. I'm lucky Snorlax always OHKOs Torkoal at +6, or else my team would've been ripped apart by those two.

And the last mon that gave me agita was Kartana. That's why I referred to it as a 'damn paper sword!' in my post. Half my team is weak to its standard moveset, being Leaf Blade, Smart Strike, Night Slash, and Sacred Sword. So if I was unfortunate enough to be facing one without Celesteela or Ninetales on the field, I was doomed. And believe me, there were no rounds where I won 2:0. Virtually every match was won by the skin of my teeth, which tells me that this team is far from perfect. It's good, but I'm sure there's a way to improve it so that matches aren't so close in the future.

And last, I love Alolan Ninetales too. Personally, I still prefer the Kanto variant, but I can't deny that Alolan Ninetales packs a punch. He put in a lot of work.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Messages In This Thread
0kamii's 1st Place Emolga Team (Locals) - by 0kamii - May 19, 2017, 10:16 AM
RE: 0kamii's 1st Place Emolga Team (Locals) - by 0kamii - May 19, 2017, 01:32 PM