Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] 0kamii's VGC Hailstorm Team - Suggestions Welcomed!
So I have some suggestions for the Gastrodon.

Hail is a gimicky option over Earthquake to give you more options to keep hail up. Protect is a solid optiion, as Protect+Recover+Toxic gives it alot of stalling power as well as the option to lure in strong attacks. On the same note, here is a fun calc that I made: 196+ Atk Tapu Bulu Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Rindo Berry Gastrodon in Grassy Terrain: 558-656 (255.9 - 300.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Yeah, it dies. Jokes aside, if you factor in Protect reducing the damage of Z-moves by 75%, Gastrodon can live Bulu's terrain boosted Bloom Doom. Talk about a lure. Another option is Sludge Bomb, to improve your matchup against the Tapu's.

I personally prefer Mandibuzz over Aerodactyl here. Seeing as your main objevtive is keeping hail up and Trick room down, having a bulkier taunt user can be quite beneficial. Consider a Prankster user maybe? (Fast under and out of trick room) Also, Aerodactyl is really weak against rain-teams. And adding on Aerodactyl would make your Tapu-Fini-matchup even worse. Putting Freeze-dry on Ninetales might be good to ease that match-up.

Take my advise/comments with a grain of salt, I'm an amateur player with no competetive achievements to speak of (Does losing to Ray Rizzo on Battle Spot count?) just trying to help out xD
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda

Messages In This Thread
RE: 0kamii's VGC Hailstorm Team - Suggestions Welcomed! - by PerchPond - Aug 22, 2017, 03:25 PM