Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] 0kamii's VGC Hailstorm Team - Suggestions Welcomed!
Hi @0kamii 

To add some suggestions to your team I'm going to be going through each memeber individualy:

Sandslash - I honestly don't have any problems here.  It's a solid set and the choice of Rock Slide over Earthquake is very smart.  I have not run one of these before but I have come across some in wifi battles where they EQ out their allies so I can understand the change.  I do know that some prefer a Jolly nature to boost their speed even more with   Slush Rush, but the boost in attack is nice too.

Ninetails - Another one I don't have any problem with.  This actually mirrors my ninetails set that I use and I say all that although it is nice to have Freeze-Dry, Disable works much better for support members.

Gastrodon - This one is some case.  As others have said, Protect does add great stall power, and a pokemon ment to stall out other trick room setters, it could use it well.  On my Garstrodon I was also struck but the pain of Earth Power struggle, but I like to use Clear Smog, as it not only does a small about of damage, but it also removes the stat changes and takes away the opponets chance to set up.  I do like the item choice a lot by the way Big Grin .

Mandibuzz/Aerodactyl - This is where I have problems.  You said that Mandibuzz serves as Speed control on your team, however this means that only have one pokemon that can use opposing trick rooms which is Gastrodon.  If you switch to Aerodactyl, it is excatlly the same problem.  In recomend something that can works with trickroom teams but I am not sure what would work well with your team.  Something to experiment with I guess ^\_('-')_/^

Garchomp - I have no real problems here, I do recomend that you add Fire Fang as you could do with some Steel coverage that doesn't require you have the ally to use protect.

Smeargle - This is a rather strong member here.  I do feel that Moody is out classed by Technician because as you said you can't rely on the boost in speed.  Yeah, not much else to say here.

I conclusing, thanks for listening to me rant for a while and I hope I could be of any help.
Mawr

Messages In This Thread
RE: 0kamii's VGC Hailstorm Team - Suggestions Welcomed! - by FireTaco - Aug 22, 2017, 10:19 PM