Poll: Would You Like to See More of My VGC Posts?
Yes!
No...
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] [VGC18] Outspeeding and OHKOing Landorus And Others? Enter Poliwrath!
(Apr 4, 2018, 03:35 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: @Black Waterfall Neither Arcanine or Muk-A are viable for VGC18, and Celesteela doesn't really fit... however, what Celesteela set are you talking about?

@RetroTyphlosion I am not really familiar with VGC18 but I have the impression that this defensive Celesteela set has a nice synergy with your Poliwrath set. Well, it looks like it can at least stall M-Metagross relatively well and even in Rain it can fire off some cheap Flamethrowers back: 
  • 148 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Ice Punch vs. 228 HP / 116 Def Celesteela: 95-112 (24.2 - 28.5%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery
  • 0- SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Metagross-Mega in Rain: 56-68 (16.1 - 19.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leech Seed damage
This Celesteela is not afraid of other threats to Poliwrath such as Cresselia and Tapu Bulu either.

I am surprised to hear that Arcanine is not a decent choice for VGC18, maybe it is outclassed by other Intimidate users such as Landorus-T? I think that a Defensive Intimidate Arcanine has a nice niche with Burn Up and Snarl, but I admit that I only use this arcanine in singles.
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VGC18] Outspeeding and OHKOing Landorus And Others? Enter Poliwrath! - by Black Waterfall - Apr 5, 2018, 06:53 AM