Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Shiny Fails
I've failed a few shinies myself, such as killing a shiny pokemon I was hunting for ~20 hours because i was playing Overwatch and not really paying all that much attention. But that's not all that bad>

I have a few really bad shiny fails.
Number 1-?
So back when gen 5 came out I didn't know anything about shinies. As far as I knew red Gyarados was the only pokemon that had a different color to it, and only available at the Lake of Rage in Johto.

Well I started up either black or white, dont remember at this point, and I choose either Oshiwatt or Snivy. Theres a reason I dont remember btw.
So when I went into the first battle I noticed it sparkled, and not knowing what it was I didnt pay it much mind. Well, I reset my game because my starter was male, and back then I always went for female starters so I could breed one for a friend. Well I chose the other starter that time, and it was also shiny. Still didn't realize
So I reset and decided I would use Snivy as I liked the colors more. It was shiny again. Still male.
Reset
Doesn't shine, but female.
Thought, wait this is different then the last one, it doesnt sparkle or look as dark. Thought I would reset for one that was female and sparkled
Reset
Shiny, not female
Reset
not shiny, nor female
Reset a few times
after about the 3rd female and no sparkles (remember, I didn't know what a shiny was) I decided to just go with a female Snivy.

Shiny Fail Number ?+1:
Shiny Ditto
Correction, Shiny Imposter Ditto, in ORAS, 3 min perfect IV's
It transformed into my Level 100 Volcarona
I had traded my MasterBall to a different game
Kept 1-2 hitting entire team
It starts stuggling to death
I'm trying to catch it the best I can
It kills itself and leaves me with 2 revives, when I had around 20, and 2 Pokemon alive instead of 6

Worst thing, during that same week one friend killed a shiny and my other friend caught one.
So 2 fails in a group of friends and one success
The person who succeeded was EV training

Messages In This Thread
All Our Shiny Fails - by FireTaco - May 2, 2018, 01:08 PM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by TheArchMage - May 2, 2018, 04:20 PM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by DrRave - May 3, 2018, 03:14 AM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by Cubivor - May 3, 2018, 08:51 AM
RE: All Our Shiny Fails - by Bendytheinkdemon37 - May 4, 2018, 06:50 AM