Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] News from Pokemon Direct 6.5.2019
@DrumminBeard Thanks for the tag!

I loved the concept of the wild area, it kinda reminds me of the Hyrule field in Ocarina of Time. Creatures found in the area varies depending on the weather, which is cool. So far we don't know if Pokemon we find wandering around the area are catchable, I surely hope so. It looks like we have more control of random encounters too. Generally speaking, it seems to me that the flow and feel of the entire game is getting more realistic. For me, that's a good thing. I like that we have a woman Pokemon professor again.

On the other hand, I didn't enjoy the dynamax idea so much. We don't know much about it right now, but what we do know is that it is a "make my monster grow" power-up feature that could be compared to mega evolution or Z-moves. I find it weird that Pokemon can now become gigantic (what would be Wailord dynamax size?), but the idea of defeating a huge Pokemon together with your friends seems nice. I also didn't find the design of the cover legendaries very attractive. They both look identical (and the same applies to the Powerpuff Girl starters) and I think Game Freak coud have come up with better concepts.

Either way, I am getting a Switch no matter what!
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 

Messages In This Thread
RE: News from Pokemon Direct 6.5.2019 - by Black Waterfall - Jun 9, 2019, 06:40 PM